Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Linen cupboards - what type of doors?

Page 1 of 1
What type of doors do you recommend for linen cupboards? Same as the rest of the internL doors or match the white bathroom, kitchen, laundry cabinetry (ie two pack)

For those with custom made linen doors, is there a bulkhead above tour cabinet or does it go all the way to the ceiling?
ours are the same as the internal doors.
We have mirrored sliding doors in the minor bedrooms so we choose the same for our linen cupboard.

I think it looks really stylish and reflects light in the hallway.
we've just got the standard vinyl covered sliding doors...
I would prefer doors to match the internal doors between rooms, but it really depends on the location of the linen cupboard as to whether swing doors are practical or not. Sliding doors can still look great - you can choose between mirrored, vinyl or painted to match your walls.
I'm considering opaque glass doors on my linen press.
Doors IMO are not meant to stand out unless you are making a feature of them. So for our three linen cupboards they all have vinyl sliding doors - the same as the minor bedroom wardrobe doors.
kyton
Doors IMO are not meant to stand out unless you are making a feature of them. So for our three linen cupboards they all have vinyl sliding doors - the same as the minor bedroom wardrobe doors.

Same here, and I love that they go to the roof so you can easily use the top shelf for big storage items

We have a whole wall in the hallway with linen cupboards, and the sliding doors blend in nicely.
I have vinyl sliders painted the same colour as the walls as I didn't want them to stand out.
suh
I have vinyl sliders painted the same colour as the walls as I didn't want them to stand out.

I wanted to do this and the colour consultant said it wasn't recommended ... so you just painted over the vinyl no worries?

Otherwise I was going to look into the cost of the smart robe doors ... the sliding doors that are the same as the rest of the internal doors in the house, as our linen is in the hallway and then another in the rumpus room, so I don't want them standing out.
Ooops. I made a silly assumption that everyone's kitchen is White like mine
Ours is a hinged internal door - same as all the others which are painted in a semi-gloss the same colour as the walls.
RaryGirl
suh

I wanted to do this and the colour consultant said it wasn't recommended ... so you just painted over the vinyl no worries?

Otherwise I was going to look into the cost of the smart robe doors ... the sliding doors that are the same as the rest of the internal doors in the house, as our linen is in the hallway and then another in the rumpus room, so I don't want them standing out.

Rary, it was like a flat textured board, maybe not vinyl
*cough* I do get confused
ummmm, I just told the wardrobe guys I wanted it painted the same as the walls and they knew what to do
I was going to have 2 pak but it was a few thousand dollars for 4 doors
and then we realised opening doors would be awkward in the hallways so sliding doors it was and the more they blended with the walls the better.
For those with custom made linen doors, is there a bulkhead above tour cabinet or does it go all the way to the ceiling?
Related
9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

12/01/2024
Overhead cupboards.

Building A New House

Hi, Can anyone give me approx. price for overhead cupboards. TIA

5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum