Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Need to get some glass fitted to a door

Page 1 of 1
Probably a silly question, but I have to ask.

I have got a leadlight piece that I want to get inserted into a door (and then have glass on either side - so it ends up being triple glazed) but don't know where I can get it done.

I went to a local window/glass supplies place and although they make windows, they won't do it.

I thought about getting a door manufacturer to make me a door and I can supply the piece but I think that would end up being too expensive. So I have been looking at solid timber doors on Ebay and can pick one up for around $100 - I would just need to get the glass fitted.

Does anyone know where I would need take it to get the glass fitted or who I can take it to? Would it be a carpenter?

All they would need to do is cut the holes (which I could probably do myself with a jigsaw) and then it put in.
Ruralife
Probably a silly question, but I have to ask.

I have got a leadlight piece that I want to get inserted into a door (and then have glass on either side - so it ends up being triple glazed) but don't know where I can get it done.

I went to a local window/glass supplies place and although they make windows, they won't do it.

I thought about getting a door manufacturer to make me a door and I can supply the piece but I think that would end up being too expensive. So I have been looking at solid timber doors on Ebay and can pick one up for around $100 - I would just need to get the glass fitted.

Does anyone know where I would need take it to get the glass fitted or who I can take it to? Would it be a carpenter?

All they would need to do is cut the holes (which I could probably do myself with a jigsaw) and then it put in.

You want it installed into the middle of a double glazed unit... try this supplier, they make them. http://www.moenglass.com.au/

I can only think that it would be loose in between the 2 pieces, and you may not have a warranty so be flexible.

Ed
Thanks Ed, I will have a look at their website.

We have already purchased our front door (for when we were going to owner build) and that too is triple glazed - so the leadlight pieces are between the other two and they are not loose.

That is what gave me the idea of what I could do with the leadlight piece I have got.

I'll see how I go

Thanks again!
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

3/05/2024
Reorganizing my bedroom, need some advice

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hi guys, I'm planning on reorganizing my bedroom completely so any kind of advice will be helpful since i have zero knowledge about interior design, matching colors,…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum