Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window Hardware - Alert

Page 1 of 1
Hi

When EcoClassic had its windows NATA tested the EcoTech aluminium awning window performed brilliantly achieving N4, with one exception, the locally supplied (internationally designed) chainwinder, whose base popped off under load. (Yes windowexpert I know...)

Why is this a problem?

This effects the security of the product and the security of your home, someone can easily force a window or a child could fall out (there are rules about how wide a window can open under certain conditions).

We used a different piece of hardware and the window passed, it is our duty to use this hardware from now on. But what if you don't know what hardware was used in testing? Every window test result has a corresponding specification for the window tested down to the screws used (and even this is important).

Ask your supplier for a guarantee that the hardware used in your windows is the same or equivalent in terms of performance as was used under test conditions.

Over the top? I don't think so, safety and security are paramount... I know EcoClassic will make this commitment in our guarantee.

Thanks

Andrew
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum