Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window Coverings

Page 1 of 1
We are in the process of looking at window coverings and was after suggestions on where to buy? We are building at Point Cook and I know there is a couple of places along old geelong rd (Vista & Home outlet). We also got a few brochures at the home show for security plus. Has anyone bought through these places? I was going to call a few places tomorrow and see if we can book in over the weekend so we can take our plans out and get a rough idea on costs.

We are wanting mainly Roman Blinds for the living areas and Plantation shutters mostly for the front of the house.

If there are other places that people recommend please let me know.
For the material I am wanting for my romans (and this is what makes the prices vary) I am going to get them from spotlight when they have a big sale on!

I have had quotes from vista, dollar curtains and blinds, and quite a few local places and spotlight is about the same price, so if I can get them at 20-30% off then that's a big saving!
Highly recommend these guys

http://www.intoblinds.com.au

I saved a fortune compared to other quotes ($2k-$3K cheaper) My neighbour also used them for plantation shutters to the whole house - quote was half of other quotes. They have a big range of fabric in light filtering, e-screen, blockout etc. I have a mixture of Romans and Rollers in my house in a medium range fabric and I'm really pleased

I recommended them to this blog if you want to see some photos.

http://wallace-cremorne41.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your replies guys.
I second that House 2 be. We are going through into blinds as well (Thanks to House 2 be). Mark is great and he was a lot cheaper than anyone elses quote.
We got a quote from into blinds aswell and it was very good. However, we are going through Home Outlet and they were slightly cheaper. We are having Eco blinds, 3 plantation shutters and some block out rollers. Total of 22 blinds and the price is just a bit over $5000 for the lot, incl installation.
Try this company, http://www.saversblinds.com.au.

They are also the manufacturer so they can offer competitive price.

They are located in Old Geelong Road as well.
Went down to Home outlet, Dollar curtains and curtain world today and had a look through. We took in our house plans and they are going to email quotes out to us in the next couple of days. It will be interesting to see what the end results come back as.

Does anyone know who PD get there Plantation shutters through as they seem to be very well made as opposed to the ones from the above mentioned stores. The rod system seems very flimsy and if we are going to spend that sort of money on shutters I would rather spend a bit more on good quality ones.
Well guys we ended up using into blinds and so far their service and pricing has been great. The good thing is that everything is made here in Melbourne . We will hopefully get everything installed in a weeks time so I will let you know how the intall goes.
brendondanielle
I second that House 2 be. We are going through into blinds as well (Thanks to House 2 be). Mark is great and he was a lot cheaper than anyone elses quote.

KGJB
Well guys we ended up using into blinds and so far their service and pricing has been great. The good thing is that everything is made here in Melbourne . We will hopefully get everything installed in a weeks time so I will let you know how the intall goes.

I'm really pleased you rang Into Blinds, I think you'll be pleased with everything. Good luck with the installation

I don't know who PD use but my neighbour got a full house of Plantation Shutters from Into Blinds. They look great.
KGJB

Do they charge for coming out to measure and show you fabrics??
lisanne
KGJB

Do they charge for coming out to measure and show you fabrics??

Free measure and quote Lisanne. They have alot of fabric samples to show you. The two guys that run the business are brothers and really nice people. Mark usually does the measure and John does the installation. I think you'll find their prices quite good. We used fabric from the Palm Beach range, mix of rollers and Romans and the price was great
House-To-Be
brendondanielle

KGJB

I'm really pleased you rang Into Blinds, I think you'll be pleased with everything. Good luck with the installation

I don't know who PD use but my neighbour got a full house of Plantation Shutters from Into Blinds. They look great.

Thanks for the heads up. I found them very good to deal with. They really take their time to give you great service and they also give you ideas on what they think. We actually went with a couple of their ideas. We got quotes off the other places but the service wasn't the best and we weren't to happy with there venetions being made overseas and then cut to fit your windows. I will keep you posted on our installation but so far so good.
House-To-Be
Free measure and quote Lisanne. They have alot of fabric samples to show you. The two guys that run the business are brothers and really nice people. Mark usually does the measure and John does the installation. I think you'll find their prices quite good. We used fabric from the Palm Beach range, mix of rollers and Romans and the price was great

Thanks
I got a lot of rough quotes back in July based on my plans, after everyone's recommendations on here I will definitely get them out for one
KGJB
Thanks for the heads up. I found them very good to deal with. They really take their time to give you great service and they also give you ideas on what they think. We actually went with a couple of their ideas. We got quotes off the other places but the service wasn't the best and we weren't to happy with there venetions being made overseas and then cut to fit your windows. I will keep you posted on our installation but so far so good.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to get ideas from them as I already knew what I wanted (choosing the colour was the hardest part for me
) They advised me not to have Romans in the bathrooms and I followed their advice, Rollers in there now. The light filtering blinds are great, they are fabric not plasticy like the e-screen and feel nice to touch.

lisanne
Thanks
I got a lot of rough quotes back in July based on my plans, after everyone's recommendations on here I will definitely get them out for one

How far off painting are you? I'm pretty sure Danielle had all her measuring done and was choosing her colours after painting. It's hard to try to pick the colour beforehand, well for me it was........
House-To-Be
lisanne
Thanks

How far off painting are you? I'm pretty sure Danielle had all her measuring done and was choosing her colours after painting. It's hard to try to pick the colour beforehand, well for me it was........

Painting is all done! However I wont be in a position to afford blinds until possibly early next year so I will be living with Redi shades until then
Wow, your house has gone up fast Lisanne. I just had a quick look at your blog. Paint colour is really nice another Cremorne we visit has "Bone", I really like it. Redi-Shades are great, we had them for about 4-5 months.
House-To-Be
KGJB

Yeah I wasn't expecting to get ideas from them as I already knew what I wanted (choosing the colour was the hardest part for me
) They advised me not to have Romans in the bathrooms and I followed their advice, Rollers in there now. The light filtering blinds are great, they are fabric not plasticy like the e-screen and feel nice to touch.

lisanne
Thanks

This is true. I got Mark out to measure and quote but didn't pick any colours until the paintng was done. Mark kindly loaned me his samples so I could take them to the house and pick colours. You are right H2B choosing the colour was the hardest part. Now all I have to do is get a handover date so I can have them installed.
brendondanielle
Now all I have to do is get a handover date so I can have them installed.

Another tick for Into Blinds from me after seeing Danielle's up in her new house. They look great, nice texture/pattern on them and I love the colour
I am very happy with the blinds now they are installed. I love the colour too.
Related
12/03/2024
Window coverings

Window Furnishings

Hi there I'm looking for a independent company for a expert report on my blinds ,sheers & plantation shutters I'm in Melbourne

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum