Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Entrance Handle Price

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I have had pre start a few weeks agoand have just been sent the variation form with details and prices on my upgrades. Well i chose the Gainsborough Senator Pull handle set and they have quoted a massive $612!!!

Its a beautiful handle but was just wondering if that is the normal sort of price range for a set such as this? If it is then i dont mind paying that. Sorry Its my first house and its so overwhelming

http://www.gainsboroughhardware.com.au/ ... 21_304_453 Its the last one on that page.
I just googled it and found it retailing for around $370. Like many upgrades with builders, they whack on a fairly solid markup for their profit. Just weigh up how much you like it compared to the standard one they provide. You could perhaps change it from the standard to one of your choice after handover.
Perhaps that price includes installation? I know my partner charges a bit for entrance doors as there is a bit more fiddling to do, especially with those all in one with a deadlock.
Thanks for your help guys...I also googled it (should of thought of it first) and found it between $350-$400. I can understand installation and then also the builder mark up. To be honest I might just pay for it do be done, i would rather not do it myself and i really do love it....Its one of the few luxurys i have allowed in the house...I must be insane hahahaha
you know I see them on ebay all the time for less than $120. People buy them and then change their mind for one reason or another. Save the extra few hundred! Spend it on that new fingerprint door handle !! yaayay

Annie
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

14/06/2024
Widening of front entrance doorway

Renovation + Home Improvement

I would find a local carpenter or two in your area and get a quote. You will need someone who has the ability to saw cut your bricks and install a new lintel above your…

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum