Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

online blinds stores

Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone
I've been researching some of the online blinds stores as we're interested in dual roller blinds. Has anyone dealt with any of the following, or heard good/bad reports about them?

justrollerblinds
blindswholesale
iseekblinds
blindsonline
blindsonthenet
cheapblinds

They all seem similar re price, warranty, selections, etc so any feedback will really help. I might even get a quote with Spotlight and see what they offer too. Thanks
Hi, Like you we looked at a few online blind sites and finally purchased from Blindsonline.
Hubby discovered that some sites said "free delivery" but the prices were dearer and others added more onto the intital price when you wanted the standard metal rail on the bottom of the blind. It looked cheap until you got to that stage.

We are really happy with the quality and service that we received from Blindsonline and would highly recommend them. Go to blindsonline.com.au I hope this helps!
Hi Mickey Moo

Thanks for the feedback.

I've got some samples from these guys as well as a couple of others and I have to admit the fabrics all seem much the same. I suppose I'm the most concerned with how well the mechanism works and don't want that giving up after a short time.

I'm hoping more people can tell me if they've been happy with the products from online stores so we can decide if we should do the whole house this way.
Thanks again,
Our blinds work beautifully and they also have a 5 year warranty. We also got a few quotes from company's that came out to our home and they didn't even offer 5 years only 1 or 2.
So in the end we saved a fair bit of money and got blinds that are covered by a lenghty warranty if anything goes wrong.
I agree about the fabrics all looking the same but I suppose there aren 't too many variations when it comes to roller blinds. Ours certainly do the job
i used cheapblinds.com

Overall very happy, product is fantastic they look quite expensive and run very well. I got a set of double rollers and 2 sets of romans.

My only issue is with the double rollers when both are rolled up the front roller doesnt sit clear, getting one back and one front rolled would solve the problem where as both of mine are back rolled.

When ever i need custom blinds or blinds for my own place again would happily give them another crack.
I used iseek for romans and have been very happy with them and they were very simple to install, great service as well !
Thanks everyone. We hope the house will be finished around April/May so once I can do a proper measure I'll be giving one of these businesses a try. But someone suggested just starting with one blind, then order the rest if that one's ok. Good idea.
rellie
I used iseek for romans and have been very happy with them and they were very simple to install, great service as well !

exactly how easy are they rellie? I am thinking that for someone who has a hard time hanging up a picture on the wall, putting up blinds may be a tad ambitious
what do you think?

Also, I am guessing there is no way you can get or view actual samples of the fabric before purchasing?
We got our romans and rollers from blind warehouse, they are in Thomastown Victoria, they were as cheap as any of the online stores. I ordered samples from online and made the order over the phone. You can do your own measurements or get someone to come and measure. You can also go into the store to check samples and order. They don't deliever so you have to pick the blinds up and you can get someone to install them for a cost or we chose to install them ourselves and they were really easy! Overall they were super cheap and I couldnt be happy with them.
donuts
Also, I am guessing there is no way you can get or view actual samples of the fabric before purchasing?

You can get samples, most of them offer a sample on their website.
I got one from Blindsonline.
donuts
rellie

exactly how easy are they rellie? I am thinking that for someone who has a hard time hanging up a picture on the wall, putting up blinds may be a tad ambitious
what do you think?

They send you out an installation DVD if you want to pm me your address I can send you mine and you can have a look at it......It is easy peasy !!!! I did all ours and was very pleased with myself, lol !

They will also send you out samples. There is a section on iseek where you can choose which samples you want.
Sharee
We got our romans and rollers from blind warehouse, they are in Thomastown Victoria, they were as cheap as any of the online stores. I ordered samples from online and made the order over the phone. You can do your own measurements or get someone to come and measure. You can also go into the store to check samples and order. They don't deliever so you have to pick the blinds up and you can get someone to install them for a cost or we chose to install them ourselves and they were really easy! Overall they were super cheap and I couldnt be happy with them.

Sharee could you please give me some more info for this company, been googling Blind Warehouse Thomastown but cant find them. Thanks.
[quote="rellieThey send you out an installation DVD if you want to pm me your address I can send you mine and you can have a look at it......It is easy peasy !!!! I did all ours and was very pleased with myself, lol !

They will also send you out samples. There is a section on iseek where you can choose which samples you want.[/quote]
PM sent, thanks rellie!
Sorry what a goose I am - they are called home outlet in Thomastown - I completely made up that other name
Sharee
Sorry what a goose I am - they are called home outlet in Thomastown - I completely made up that other name

Sharee you are funny
Sharee

I went out there today for a visit, thanks Sharee! I also checked out spotlight and they seem to have similar style Romans, so it could come down to cost and material I prefer.

Does anyone know if Spotlight will give a quote based on floor plans?
Those of you who got Roman blinds - how do you find them and which kind did you get? Did you get them on the outside or inside of the window?

I'm thinking of getting the ones with the plastic bit at the back (not stitched) and putting them on the outside of the window frame in the hope that they wont allow a lot of light in through the edges of the windows
lisanne, our last house i used roman blinds, but i had the decrotive wood bit on the front.( actually now i think about it, there may have been a bit of wood on both sides...I dont know i didnt really look to see them from the outside looking in
) They were outside the window frame though. They gave great blockout, only problem was if a window was open and you had breeze they waved about letting light in...not so good with young children and daytime sleeps. Also a bit bangy.
Im thinking about trying for fabric ones this time with the 'wood bit' inside the fabric to minimise banging. The last ones were a canvasy type material, quite stiff.
Thanks glitterfaeriejo, good to keep in mind about the banging as I will probably get them on the outside of the window frame
Just wanted to add these guys to this thread

www.intoblinds.com.au - ask for Mark 0424 466 123, he'll come out and do a free measure and quote. They are based in Preston but travel everywhere around Melb.

Product range consists of:

Plantation Shutters
Venetian Blinds
Roller Blinds
Roman Blinds
Vertical Blinds
Cafe Blinds

Great prices
Related
2/06/2024
Can I use plans purchased online....?

General Discussion

The plan (excuse the pun) ideally is to do just that and take the basic floor plans and elevations that we have bought and have a draftsman replicate them to comply prior…

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

28/05/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

Actually kind of agreed with the first comment. Felt like it is a bit too much adding both double roller blinds with sheers, but it is not uncommon to do this - it…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum