Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Advice pls about blinds pls see photos

Page 1 of 1
Please see photos.
I have painted the window frames white (or at least undercoated them at this stage).
I am intending to get horizontal 50mm blinds.
I was going to go for white Eco blinds (the widish white plastic blinds).
I am concerned that the dark brown criss-cross of the flyscreen framing as well as the other dark brown aluminium framing will look too intense through the blinds.
So I am concerned about white on dark brown patterns behind with the dark brown ruining the look.
Is that a valid concern? Or will it not really be noticeable.
The photos are of the lounge, toilet, and bathroom.
I can always go curtains in the lounge but the toilet and bathroom would be better with blinds.
Anyone else put slat blinds over windows with fly screens?
That’s more than a fly screen they are security screens.
That’s why there is more of it.

How about a timber look eco blind, that way the dark brown won’t be quite so obvious.
I think I might still go for the white blinds. The frames are pretty dark and I think even if they show thorugh, the white might help to soften the window
I agree, I think you will need the white blinds to keep the light coming into the room. I think that any darker blind will block the light. In the bathroom you need as much light as is possible.
On the big lounge window in the photo above I wanted to get 63mm slats but I couldnt because the horizontal bar dividing the top and bottom windows sticks out too far. So only a 50mm will fit.
I am getting plastic Eco Blinds. Would you recommend one blind running all the way across OR two blinds, one beside the other, meeting in the middle.
The reason for narrower blinds was that they would be less likely to warp. I.e. one wide blind might sag in the middle over time (although having said that they are supported in intervals all the way along with the vertical strings).
Any comments anybody? Thanks
Would you be actually raising these blinds or just openening and closing them?

themax
only ever opening and closing.
I wonder if one would be better then because there is always a gap in between two. See what other replies you get.
One may also look a bit more streamlined and neat, but I guess you may be right about the warping.

themax
i drew some blinds on that window.
In reality the slats would be closer together I think.
I also greyed the walls a bit as they are a grey white now (a bit lighter than that grey). I also "painted" the frames gloss white as that is what they will be.
What do people think?
I drew some blinds on that window.
In reality the slats would be closer together I think.
I also greyed the walls a bit as they are a grey white now (a bit lighter than that grey). I also "painted" the frames gloss white as that is what they will be.
What do people think?
I saw a window yesterday that was one window and had two blinds, and I have to say that I would have preferred the one blind instead of 2. It looked a little strange with 2.

themax.
We have a window that is going to have a 'split blind' (so two blinds, side by side) - not through choice, but because it's a very wide window and the manufacturer doesn't make a timber venetian wide enough.

If I'd been able to, I'd have had a single blind - no matter how close together they are, there's sure to be some light coming through the small gap between. If it had been a bedroom, I'd have re-thought my blind choice, but since it's s living room, it's not such a big deal.
Related
29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

28/05/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

Actually kind of agreed with the first comment. Felt like it is a bit too much adding both double roller blinds with sheers, but it is not uncommon to do this - it…

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum