Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Restoring old sliding windos

Page 1 of 1
hi,
We have some old windows that dont slide smoothly. Looking at the rollers they have flats pots on them.

I cant see a way to pop out the roller mechanism. The only screw on the side is the one that holds the frame together. The rollers dont seem to be adjustable either.

It is possible to pop out just the wheel and axle, but I've been unable to find anything online.
Can anyone advise on what can be done? Is it possible to get the whole plastic roller mechanism out? Or just replace the rollers etc?

Many thanks
Alan

Hi Alan
I'm pretty sure just the roller itself will pop out. Just put a flat blade screwdriver under it and lever up. It looks like a captive pin in the whole plastic fitting.
Bunnings has quite a range of replacement window parts including rollers so I'll nce it's out you should be able to take it with you and see if there is a replacement part available. Or if you know the brand of windows you could call the manufacturer. They normally have spares unless it is an old style that they no longer carry.
Thanks Chippy,I do have one that I levered out. I'll try to find a brand name on the windows then do some searching.
Here is a photo where you can see how worn they are.

Related
15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum