Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Replacing internal door with external door

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Im totally new here and know a little to nothing about door (at this stage).

Im thinking to replace my internal door (access to house from garage) with an external door. I have did the frame and door measurement and compare it to my main entrance external door, they both have the exact the same measurement, is that mean there shouldnt be a problem to replace the current internal door with an external door?

Reason being I have recently purchase property and the existing garage entry internal door is 35mm and has scratch all over it, and I wanna install a digital lock that required a minimum of 40mm door thickness.

Thanks
isn't it going to stick out from the door frame by those extra 5mm?
Seems a good move, more secure and better fire resistance,
strannik
isn't it going to stick out from the door frame by those extra 5mm?

Depends what sort of frame it is. The majority of metal frames will fit a 40mm door. If it's a timber frame then it may not fit. It's easy enough to measure the door rebate.
Related
26/07/2023
Replacing concealed guttering with normal guttering

Renovation + Home Improvement

Yes, get a builder, make sure he is experienced and a registered building practitioner

20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

11/12/2023
Replacing wall insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on installing/replacing wall insulation on an external wall which doesn't have wrap, our miners cottage being constructed…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum