Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Replacing a window with a sliding door cost?

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys im buying a house that was built by metricon and was wondering rough costing on replacing this 3m wide window with a stacker sliding door the same size. This property has a large side yard and i feel is wasted with a window. Ill be moving into the property in about 2 weeks so just trying to get a budget and recommendations on door brands. Located on the Goldcoast

This window is only 1534 above your floor, so you need another 600 above the window to give a reasonable door height, It appears that this window has a lintel supporting bricks (looking at weep-holes). So you need to have a lintel moved or installed that will add some cost.
im hoping we can reuse the lintel and just move it to the correct height. Ive priced up the door and prices range from about 1500-2500.
david6509
im hoping we can reuse the lintel and just move it to the correct height. Ive priced up the door and prices range from about 1500-2500.

Sounds like a plan!
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

3/12/2023
Sliding door to bathroom noisy

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks Chippy . Did also see a YouTube video before. Removed them . Thanks again for the advice.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum