Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Sliding window panel removal

Page 1 of 1
Having issues with our sliding window panels.

We built about 3 years ago, and have never been able to get the sliding panel from our windows out easily. The panel does not lift high enough for the wheels to clear the bottom frame rail. Has anyone else had this issue?

It is on all windows, not just one of them.....window company say it is a builder issue.
butters7388

We built about 3 years ago, and have never been able to get the sliding panel from our windows out easily. The panel does not lift high enough for the wheels to clear the bottom frame rail. Has anyone else had this issue?

It is on all windows, not just one of them.....window company say it is a builder issue.

There should be a security feature on the head of the window to prevent the sash from being lifted out. This is called an anti-lift device. open the window and check inside the head... it should be a plastic block screwed in.

Remember to replace it...
ECOECO
butters7388

There should be a security feature on the head of the window to prevent the sash from being lifted out. This is called an anti-lift device. open the window and check inside the head... it should be a plastic block screwed in.

Nothing like that on these windows unfortunately
butters7388
ECOECO
butters7388

Nothing like that on these windows unfortunately

Ask the window company to explain how they are taken out. If they won't come out that way then it's a problem for your builder to solve with the supplier.
Related
25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

27/11/2023
Site Cut & Footing Excess Soil Removal

General Discussion

PM me your email. I have a build excavation calculator you can use based on your plans to double check what your builder is telling you. Cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum