Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Replacing the rubber seal - Aluminium Windows

Page 1 of 1
Trying to fix our very old aluminium windows. The rubber is cracked and has tightened. I am not sure where to go to find a replacement (I did try Bunnings, but no luck).

Can I use something different instead? Or do I need to find the exact type of rubber? (We are replacing the rubber in all the windows.)

kaibis
Trying to fix our very old aluminium windows. The rubber is cracked and has tightened. I am not sure where to go to find a replacement (I did try Bunnings, but no luck).

Can I use something different instead? Or do I need to find the exact type of rubber? (We are replacing the rubber in all the windows.)

Hi
How old are these windows & what brand are they? Should be on the pull handle.
The simple solution is to remove this glazing rubber on 2 edges of each glass pane at a time and caulk these with black silicone. I say 2 sides to allow the new silicone to cure for 48 hours before you do the other 2 edges. A tidy job and it will be waterproof too.
kaibis
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

24/04/2024
Ensure rubber gym floor is flush to floorboards in hallway?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, looking to have a gym in a new build. Planning to install some sort of rubber mat flooring (on concrete) i.e. Asking the builder to not do floorboards in the gym…

10/05/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

Whatever you do avoid Wideline and Stegbar.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum