Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Dowell Thermaline - any good?

Page 2 of 2
Callifo
I didnt post as I wasn't sure, never worked it out.

Now that I have, and assuming I've done it right, it is ~32m2.

Wow... Your prices are out of this world. We can do double glazed throughout at around $10,000 for ALL of your windows, not an upgrade. Our window beats some thermally broken windows...Uw as low as 2.6 for awning.
Callifo
I got a rough idea from my builder when I was trying to get the house over 7 star rating. To upgrade for all doors and windows from single to double was $8.5k, this one I went with. Then to go from double to double thermally broken was another $15k (they didn't mention thermaline specifically, but I am using Dowel for doors/windows). The difference in the performance figures from double to double thermally broken was small considering the mammoth cost, so I declined.

Hi, you mentioned it cost you $8.5 k to upgrade from single to double glazing for all doors and windows. Can you please specify how many windows and doors were upgraded? Thanks
VK1978
Callifo
I got a rough idea from my builder when I was trying to get the house over 7 star rating. To upgrade for all doors and windows from single to double was $8.5k, this one I went with. Then to go from double to double thermally broken was another $15k (they didn't mention thermaline specifically, but I am using Dowel for doors/windows). The difference in the performance figures from double to double thermally broken was small considering the mammoth cost, so I declined.

Hi, you mentioned it cost you $8.5 k to upgrade from single to double glazing for all doors and windows. Can you please specify how many windows and doors were upgraded? Thanks

9 windows, 2 double sliding doors, total of approximately 32m2 of glass.
This forum has been so helpful in educating me about windows. I couldn't get much of an opinion on Thermaline when we were considering it but when I asked for double glazed in our building quote it was included.

I am really happy with the windows. Our awning windows are the only ones that are not Thermaline and I find they condensate on the frames more. That might have to do more with the aspect and exposure, I'm not sure.

I don't have any other brands to compare to, only single glazing which I would never have again by choice.

Any other questions, just PM me.
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

13/03/2024
Are pavers good for driveways?

General Discussion

Hi, I have had them in the past and the pros are: Versatile, i.e many different colours and styles to choose…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum