Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Temporary Window Coverings

Page 2 of 5
We have just been through this & managed with sheets ok until our blinds were ready. I didn't want to pre-order the blinds as I needed to see the house finished first to be sure about the colours.

Now as for sticking the blinds up - we have been using the 3M adhesives for putting up pictures & hooks around the house. Now in each packet of the 3M there are extra's bits of tape so I just cut these in half & used 4 halves to stick each sheet up. They held really well & once we didn't need the sheets anymore the tape comes away beautifully leaving no trace at all.

If anyone is looking for a good blind company in Melb. West we used MEM Blinds (after a recommendation from Ray). They were great, very professional, blinds were ready within the week & they were the cheapest by quite a bit.
Thanks Trina for the advice on the 3M products was there one in particular you used???

Also on the Redishade front i went into Bunnings Fountain Gate yesterday and they don't stock them and the girl I spoke to said she had been working at Frankston and they didn't have them either. I think it is just a matter of luck with them. I think I might try and contact Redushade themselves and see if they can advise further. I will post what I find out on this thread ASAP

I got this reply from them for NSW

"Thank you for your interest in our product. You will be able to purchase Redishade from three select NSW Bunnings stores They are Wollongong, Villawood and Mascot

Other locations will be set up in the next eight to twelve weeks."

Cheers,
RJ
Hi guys...

for anyone interested in the Redi Shade blinds and can't get them in Victoria, you can contact Redi Shade themselves in Queensland and place and order over the phone and they can post them out to you.

I have just placed my order and looking forward to getting my redi shade blinds

If you want their contact number let me know, sorry i'm not sure whether i'm allowed to post those sort of details here...
Received my redi-shade blinds in the post yesterday, so exciting! Yeh i know excitement over temporary paper blinds...lol.. silly me, but let me tell you anything beats having cardboard on your windows! hehe

They look amazing! Can't even tell their not the real thing! Love them and highly reccommend them to anyone as a temporary measure, even a long term solution... mine will probably be up for at least 12 months!!!
yay! can you take some pics of them installed?
joaninhac
Received my redi-shade blinds in the post yesterday, so exciting! Yeh i know excitement over temporary paper blinds...lol.. silly me, but let me tell you anything beats having cardboard on your windows! hehe

They look amazing! Can't even tell their not the real thing! Love them and highly reccommend them to anyone as a temporary measure, even a long term solution... mine will probably be up for at least 12 months!!!

Great to hear that you are pleased with them! We are going to visit/meet a fellow blogger this weekend who has them up so I'll get to see them in person!

I've been in contact with Redi-Shade, here is their reply

Thank you for your interest in our product. You should be able to purchase
Redishade from the Port Melbourne Bunnings store. If this store location is not
convenient or if they have run out of stock, you may buy them direct through us.

The size available is 1220mm w x 1830mm h and will cost $7.00ea.
And 1220mm w x 2290mm h = $14.50 (double pack) this is only available direct
through us.
Postage & handling fee of $18.50 per order if you were to order directly through
us.

Also if anyone is after the contact details for the company that does all the PD displays it is Kreative Design - 9874 5030
i definately can.. i'll do that tonight and post them here tomorrow!
House-To-Be
I've been in contact with Redi-Shade, here is their reply

Thank you for your interest in our product. You should be able to purchase
Redishade from the Port Melbourne Bunnings store. If this store location is not
convenient or if they have run out of stock, you may buy them direct through us.

The size available is 1220mm w x 1830mm h and will cost $7.00ea.
And 1220mm w x 2290mm h = $14.50 (double pack) this is only available direct
through us.
Postage & handling fee of $18.50 per order if you were to order directly through
us.

NOTE: BUNNINGS IN PORT MELBOURNE NO LONGER STOCK THEM.... i tried them and no luck...
joaninhac
NOTE: BUNNINGS IN PORT MELBOURNE NO LONGER STOCK THEM.... i tried them and no luck...

Thanks for that!
This is perfect! Exactly what I am after: $190.00 to do the whole house. Pretty good

Thanks for the links!
Thank you so much for this post ... our blind budget is dead and buried so this the redi shade will be a great make-do for our lounge (sheets can stay in the rest of the house!)
Received my order yesterday $200 to do the whole house! bargain! (Thanks Joaninhoc for finding a location that delivers it, one less things to worry bout
)
joaninhac
i definately can.. i'll do that tonight and post them here tomorrow!

Looking forward to seeing how they look... I don't think at this time of the year I could manage getting quotes etc for blinds / curtains... redi-shade sounds great.
We've had our redi blinds up for 2 months now, they don't keep the light out as such but as a temporary measure I think they're great, I love the look on peoples faces when they come round and I tell them the blinds are made of paper

Sadly though our new neighbours went to the local Bunnings to buy some and were told that they had just been a promotion and they weren't stocking them anymore, good that you can order them over the phone though.
Thought I'd update you guys in need of temp covering! Just went this week at Bunnings Cranbourne and I found heaps of Redi Shade stocked!

cheers,
Hannah
Thanks Hannah.
One week too late, mine arrived this week ... could have saved the $18 P&H!
Great product, very happy with them.
This thread has been invaluable! We ordered all our window coverings today (mostly timber venetians), but thanks to our builder's stuffing around and delaying in providing us with dates for handover, we might miss the cut-off for getting them in before Christmas, and we plan to move on the 12th.

So Monday, I'll be calling the Redi Shade people. I swore 22 years ago, when we moved into our first home, that I would NOT live with sheets at the windows - and that sentiment hasn't changed.

What a brilliant idea.
BUT could someone please post few picture of these..I waanna see how they look.
So, after scouring all the local Bunnings stores with no luck, I rang the distributer last week and ordered enough Redi Shade blinds for just about the entire house. $153 for the lot!
Our permanent blinds should be in by Feb, but meanwhile we won't need sheets....

Then today I was in Bunnings, walked around a corner and there was a big box of the things, right in the middle of an aisle. Seems they have a special going on....

Anyway, the price was $5.95 for the shorter ones and I think it was $7.95 for the longer ones. Just in case anyone's looking for them.

Mine should be here tomorrow or Friday.

Related
12/03/2024
Window coverings

Window Furnishings

Hi there I'm looking for a independent company for a expert report on my blinds ,sheers & plantation shutters I'm in Melbourne

15/06/2023
Duplexes with Temporary Underground Services

Building A New House

Hi JW I just read your post and I find this situation quite strange. When we build, we get a temp pole for construction which becomes the permanent pole for one of the…

30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum