Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Help, I don't like the colour of my Colorbond window frames!

Page 2 of 2
You can't powdercoat windows that are installed (needs to be baked on). Electrostatic painting may be the best option. However, keep in mind that paint lasts about 10 years and Colorbond lasts about 30 years!
I have replied to your PM EKQ.
We used Moonriver for the walls and White Smoke for the architraves and we are really happy with that choice.

Thanks for the compliment!
Hi Themax

I love the paint colour Moonriver and have seent this colour in your home and others eg. Bel, Phoenix, Southies etc.

Can you please tell me whether you all used full or half strength Bristol Moon River????

Many Thanks, will look forward to a reply
)
Hi sanjam,
Thanks so much. Yes it was full strength Moonriver. I am very happy with it. I like the peaceful feel it gives.
Hi Themax,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I can finally feel confident that
full strength Bristol "Moon River" is the right colour!!! My DH will be so pleased!!!

So happy
Hi Teeve
Just bumping this thread as i to am thinking of painting my french doors which are currently stone beige.
How did yours turn out? where you happy with them? I would like mine white and have looked at painting them with a spray paint.
Hope you read this.
Related
29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

7/05/2024
insulation/filler for gaps in window frames

Building A New House

yes that window needs a header, good pick up

19/08/2023
Solid plastering around door frames - help... so confused :(

General Discussion

If this is a custom build then I would expect the builder to set out the door frame closer to the wall to avoid the gap between architrave and the wall and or specify…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum