Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

driveway Cracks and water problems

Page 1 of 1
Long story short, moved into a house 2.5 years ago (25 year old house). continually having problems. solve one issue, onto the next.

I've been finding and solving plumbing issues of late. the latest problem without much luck.

i am getting water under my house due to surface water drainage in my driveway. water isnt a lot now as ive solved every other problem but worries me enough that there is water under the house.

there is a spoon drain (see photos) that was not going anywhere and leading to water under a deck but sitting next to brick and foundations. i think overtime the soil is too soft and water seeps through via cracks in brick or foundations due to some movement. (nothing on inside of house shows any movement i.e. cracking etc)

i got the channel grate connected to stormwater and has solved most of the problems. its been sealed and ive done some water leakage tests with dye and clogging up the pipe etc. nothing comes out of this drain. it all goes into storm.
with all my watching under the deck it seems like water is getting in from under the drain due to bad concreting work around it.

previously to this drain being installed, I've seen old photos of the house (doing some investigation on google) about 10 years ago where there used to be a garden bed but previous owners had it concreted with this badly installed channel grate and i reckon thin layer of concrete..

anyhow ive had multiple plumbers in past few weeks come to review the problems and pretty much the best fix is rip up the driveway and start again.
all have said they could fix the problem it but needs a fair portion of the driveway ripped up.
Opinions which i agree with, that all the effort to rip it up around the area and do a patch would be better spent to just rip it all up and do it right.

this looks like the way to go and ill be doing that. lockdown not helping me get it all going and multiple tradies been unreliatryble to get it all done. finally got it organised and now been shut down.

In the meantime i need to stop the leaking. looks like the water is going in cracks between concrete additions and then under to the point of problems

what i am looking for is some sort of concrete filler, whether i use caulking or get an concrete epoxy/liquid and fill these cracks up
trying to at least stop the water going through the cracks before i get it all ripped up whenever that may be now.

any suggestions on what i can use?

Related
2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

4/10/2023
Mending cracks in render

General Discussion

Do you have a scope of works? If have texture on wall now, the patch will show through The standard for repair of texture is to patch, re-texture corner to corner,…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum