Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Exposed aggregate -question

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I've just had exposed aggregate poured and wash happening tomorrow.

Are a few small surface holes typical?

And what should I check that concreter uses in the couple of gaps I've seen between he expansion foam and house to prevent water entry?
I've read about proseries multipurpose sealant, sika flex ... but confused as to what is best for this.

Thank you in advance
Exposed aggrigate has a few surface holes once in a while but they should be small and minimum in my opinion. The expansion foam does not take the place of a sealant. The expansion foam will allow water to enter with or without gaps and a sealant would need to be used to replace the expansion foam top to prevent water entry. There is an expansion foam that has a 10mm precut rip off top for that purpose- remove and use sealants to prevent water.
Thank you so much Goody59!!
Knowing what is normal is so helpful.
The surface holes that remain today post wash are small.
I don't think they've used the peel off type of foam. So will ask if they use sealant all the way around once they cut top of foam.
And will get them to use peel off type for sides of house.
Thanks again

Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum