Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Grind & Seal existing (old concrete) Bedrooms

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys, Considering getting the bedrooms carpet lifted and just having the concrete. Polished concrete is far too expensive, so we're considering grind & seal (i think they call it).

Have been quoted from $60-95 per sqm for around 50sqm of concrete (3 bedrooms). Obviously liking the $60 one which is the cheapest, but i'm worried might have issues and I know nothing about concrete works. He says 2 cut and seal (30/60 grit) if you want to see the aggregate (is this what they call Honed finish?)... and IF we want the sand and paper finish, then will skip the first step and do 50/100/200 grit i think he said.

Really dont know as we have paperbark light solid timber thru house, so not sure which finish in bedrooms will blend best.

What are some of the things I have to ask to varify i'm getting quality materials used, and work done?

Also, I have seen some floors have a cream/yellow tint whilst some are just grey. Is this achieved thru anything in particular or is it done when laying the slab down? Thanks in adv.
From what I gathered, with grind and seal, one important factor is the material for sealing...? If so, what should I ask for or what grades are there?
MRMR
Hi Guys, Considering getting the bedrooms carpet lifted and just having the concrete. Polished concrete is far too expensive, so we're considering grind & seal (i think they call it).

Have been quoted from $60-95 per sqm for around 50sqm of concrete (3 bedrooms). Obviously liking the $60 one which is the cheapest, but i'm worried might have issues and I know nothing about concrete works. He says 2 cut and seal (30/60 grit) if you want to see the aggregate (is this what they call Honed finish?)... and IF we want the sand and paper finish, then will skip the first step and do 50/100/200 grit i think he said.

Really dont know as we have paperbark light solid timber thru house, so not sure which finish in bedrooms will blend best.

What are some of the things I have to ask to varify i'm getting quality materials used, and work done?

Also, I have seen some floors have a cream/yellow tint whilst some are just grey. Is this achieved thru anything in particular or is it done when laying the slab down? Thanks in adv.
if your in Melbourne speak to concretefx there great. I'm doing polished concrete plus grind and seal on a new build with them. There not the cheapest but they won't rip you off.

Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum