Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Crack in polished concrete! HELP!

Page 1 of 1
Completely shattered that our beautiful polished concrete slab has two cracks in it. This is a new build so as yet hasn't had the final cut. One crack is very fine, not so worried about this one. The other is to me, quite deep and long.

Anyone have any experience with these? is there a filler that will make it less noticeable?

Thanks.
Hi Ktotherose
It is difficult to say without photos and more information/data
The cracking may be ongoing..so in these cases.. really why bother?
Can't really fix it.... might as well be a feature rather than a flaw.
I want my floor to be the feature!! I had a feeling it couldn't really be fixed. Was just living in hope...
LOL.. If you wanted a feature you should have put in brass strips to control the cracking, and make the shrinkage cracking less obvious.
I can always tell the polished floor professionals...by how dirty/used their barrows are.....
We thought the slab would be small enough that cracking wouldn't be a problem. Oh well!
Did they use low slump concrete and a pump,
Did they tell you how much the concrete will shrink, crack ,etc,etc,etc?
I wish I had a dollar for every time ive heard.." dont worry about how wet the concrete or mortar is it will dry out....?
Not sure to be honest! but yes, they did use a pump. There were quite a few problems with the concrete company, sent trucks to wrong address, warm day etc so the concrete was starting to set as it was being done. We were devastated as we weren't sure if we were even going to be able to polish at all. The polishing company have been great though and the actual polish looks amazing. They did have to cut it back a lot to level it out though.
Oh well..I hope you are not coastal otherwise spalling will follow cracking.
Sorry to be so negative but others that are considering polished concrete need to know
Nope, nowhere near the coast. Is there any kind of filling or something we can add to the crack?
Photos?..More info rquired
There are different types & sizes of crack and different methods of repair
As I said your repairs will be on going choose a method that fits you needs, and budget
Haven't got any on me at work. I'll try take some for you tonight.
Related
10/03/2024
Cladding crack

General Discussion

Most likely poor foam installation and render installation, Joint covered with render, foam could be sitting on flashing. Do you have any render at house

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum