Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Paving question

Page 1 of 1
I had a paving job done recently. The actual paving itself is fine, but they didn't sweep paving sand/concrete in between the pavers. I have questioned the tradie about this, and he has said that sweeping paving sand into the joints wasn't in the contract.

My question is, isn't it a part of the job? Like grouting between tiles? Is it worth my trouble to pursue this, I feel as though I am being taken for a ride here.

Any advice appreciated.
Even if they broomed sweeping sand over the pavers when they laid them, after a couple of rains and as the pavers settle, voids will open up and more sweeping sand will be required. This would be your responsibility. You may have to do this several times in the first year.
Thanks Beetaloo. I figured I would have to re-apply, I thought that the initial sweep would be part of the job though.

Oh well. You live and learn.
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum