Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Exposed aggregate vs Travertine paving pool

Page 1 of 1
Would like to know opinions/experiencing with either exposed aggregate or travertine paving as options for around our pool.
Concerned about roughness and heat of aggregate and on the other side whether travertine would be slippery and potentially movement/subsidence issues with paving? TIA
I'm no expert, but since you also asked for opinions
... I have pletny!!

Soft lighter (I guess the most common?!) coloured travertine is the ageless look and the one I would always go for if it was an option. Just love it! There is nothing about it that I don't like. I don't know how slippery it is, though (there were some threads discussing this, from memory).

On the other hand, exposed ... I guess for me it depends on the colour. A neighbour has gone for a "built in" color (forgot what is it called!!!! when the concrete arrives with the colour already mixed in
) and it has been the same from day 1 and for me somehow definitely a no no. It's just overpowering I think
. He has a row of plain tiles along the water edges, but then concrete to the drop edges - tiles look a million times better!.

Not sure why do you mention cracking/movement. If your (presumably concrete) base cracks, it will show both on exposed ag and on tiles. ???
Related
15/06/2024
Travertine pool pavers cleaning

Paving & Concreting

I’m after some advice about how to go about cleaning 600x400mmx30 thick filled premium pavers. My large pool paving project has gone rather slow over the months my…

19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum