Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

I can recommend a fantastic concreter for Melbourne!!!

Page 1 of 1
About 6 months ago I posted here on this very forum looking for a concreter in Melbourne to do an exposed aggregate driveway and pathways for our new house.

I was contacted through Homeone by Rory from the Concrete Firm
http://www.theconcretefirm.com.au/

Rory was a pleasure to work with. He was prompt with returning emails and phone calls and came out to give us a quote quickly. His quote was incredibly competitive but included higher strength steel reinforcement and better thickness of aggregate. He also uses Mentone Pre-mix who are the best in the business in terms of exposed aggregate colour selections.

When it came time to pour the paths and driveways, Rory and his team, Sylvain and Courtenay, worked tirelessly and with great attention to detail on getting the preparation right before the concrete was poured. They encountered problems along the way with drainage and plumbing done by the plumbers employed by our builder but took it in their stride. Whilst at our home they were courteous and friendly with us and our children.

The result was fantastic! We absolutely love the driveway and paths that they did for us. They look sensational!

We cannot recommend them highly enough.

We will be posting photos on our blog in the next few days that you can have a look at.
www.camandkirsten.blogspot.com

Please contact us if you require more information about The Concrete Firm. We would definitely use them again...
price per m2?
The cost was about $100 a sq m with an aggregate mix allowance cost of up to $380 a cubic meter.

This included excavation, prep and higher strength reinforcement.

We had 155 sq m in total so depending on the size of the job the prices may vary.

Hope this is helpful
Kirsten
Glad to hear you had a great experience. What part of Melbourne are you located in? I just visited your blog to view a pic of the driveway but there isn't one there yet.
Hi HomeAngels,

We are inner SE Melbourne, City of Boroondara. I am just in the process of posting photos now. I have had a few computer/photo issues.

Hopefully there will be pics in next 24-48 hours.
Hi Kirsten
I am in the process of wanting to get our driveway done in aggregate concrete. I want to make sure that it is done well, having been burnt by a few tradesmen before. Anyway, as I am in the SE suburbs, if I have Rory to quote and want to see some of his work before proceeding, can I please check your driveway out?
Regards
REbecca
I've just had a look, the concrete looks great!
I've engaged Rory to do my backyard based on the recommendation from this thread.
I will be getting steps done, bench seat and a path around the house.
A trickier site as my block is on a slope.
Progress pics at my blog: http://rlay1.blogspot.com.au/
We rang and emailed Rory based on this thread and had no response. Good luck to you.
Hi Back Pocket,

Sorry to hear that. I've always had a quick response from Rory.
If you are still after a concreter, prehaps you can PM me your details and I can pass it on to Rory tomorrow when he works at my site?
Let me know if I can help with any sealing/cleaning works

Nice place by the way.
Sorry for not getting back to you Back Pocket.. I have been inundated with more quote requests than I can handle. Im working all day and then have 3 kids to attend to when I get home. Ive been booked out for about 3 months in advance since October and have only been able to go to about 1 in every 100 quote requests since then as I am having to concentrate on keeping my schedule. I am only a small operator running one job at a time which I work on personally so I cant get to everyone. Its never been this busy before so things should return to normal soon. All I can say is keep calling and I will answer eventually, If you ever become a customer I will have your number saved in my phone so I will always get back to you.
The Concrete Firm
Sorry for not getting back to you Back Pocket.. I have been inundated with more quote requests than I can handle. Im working all day and then have 3 kids to attend to when I get home. Ive been booked out for about 3 months in advance since October and have only been able to go to about 1 in every 100 quote requests since then as I am having to concentrate on keeping my schedule. I am only a small operator running one job at a time which I work on personally so I cant get to everyone. Its never been this busy before so things should return to normal soon. All I can say is keep calling and I will answer eventually, If you ever become a customer I will have your number saved in my phone so I will always get back to you.

Thanks Rory, good that you have so much work. We have found a concretor that was able to quote and book us in.
Anyone know a good concreter for Melbourne (Hoppers Crossing area)? I need them pretty soon too. Thanks
Related
28/02/2024
Leak after Concreter poured concrete

Owner Builder Forum

Hello needing some advice. I was about to build my Alfresco and needed a new slab and remove exisiting slab as its not standard. So they start to excavate and jackhammer…

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum