Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

How to seal concrete floor?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

We have just moved into our new house and the floors are yet to be done. The white sand and dust from concrete slab is spreading every where. We are waiting for laminate floors to be installed. Is there any way we can apply a sealer to keep the dust off.

Cheers
Tama
I think you need to vacuum the slab to remove the dust then seal the slab with an epoxy resin sealer...there are a few brands on the market...if you ring boral timber they can recommend a product.
I just used a cheap primer. The primer used before laying self leveling compound. Only 20 bucks for four litres. It traps all the dust.

This is only a temp solution. Where as the epoxy described earlier is more of a permanent solution. But it will be more expensive i am guess. A wast of money if you are going to cover it up.
If you are having laminate (plastic) flooring then "Bondcrete" PVA sealer will probably do the job. You can dilute 4 parts sealer to one part water...about $25 for 2 litres.

However, if you use an epoxy curing compound you can direct stick engineered flooring on plywood or T & G boards,and will protect your timber floors permanently.
Thanks guys, we went to bunnings yesterday and the guys there also suggested "Bondcrete" sealer. Its cheap and does the job. We would be covering the floors with underlay (with moisture barrier) while installing laminate flooring.
Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum