Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

patio concrete

Page 1 of 1
Am doing some concreting for a patio area next week and like the idea of a sponge finish to look like tiles and then saw cut to size. have done research on int for methods used as i usally do my own small jobs Shed paths etc.
Cananyone confirm this method.
pour concrete and level finish of with bullfloat and get surface as flat and smooth as possible allow to set and finish with large sponge?

I will be doing a sample area b4 the main one any other suggestions .

Thankyou
sponge finish will look pretty bad, minimum use a smooth bristle broom ie: broom finish
stipple finish will look better
Thanks Davinci,
Was trying to get a similar texture to a ceramic tile will saw cut area into 500mm sq's once done. will do a sample area using broom and see what effect i get if it looks sim to to a tile will be happy may have to try a few diff techniques on my sample?
I did see a sponge effect done and was very pleased with the look once saw cut from a distance 2-3 mtrs looked exactly like it was a tiled area.
What's stipple finish? Is it the same as "coved" finish??
Related
4/05/2024
Acrylic render on concrete outdoor patio floor

Flooring & Floor Covering

Has anyone had experience with using this surfacing? I have read it can stain easily.

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum