Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Concreting surface too high

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I will be laying new concrete for my backyard. The leveling work has almost been done by the concreter.
However, I notice the concrete surface will be just below my brick vent. I think he said the surface will be sloping away from the house.

Is this OK? Or I need to let the concreter box out this area around my wall and put pebble or mulch instead there there will enough clearance from vent.

My house is on a slope and on stump. Through these vents I can see joist behind (5-10cm away).

Cheers

You are not satisfied by the numerous good replies you have received on Reddit and Whirlpool Home already?
SaveH2O
You are not satisfied by the numerous good replies you have received on Reddit and Whirlpool Home already?

Thanks mate. Trying to get more information before I made the decision. Cheers.
It will be neat but you won't have much freeboard. At least they are not weep holes. Are you in a high intensity rainfall region?

The regulatory slope is only required over the first 1 metre away from the house but you also need to consider surface drainage because the wall will also collect water when facing the weather. I take it that the surface will slope towards the grate.

The DPC is to stop rising damp.
Related
16/11/2023
Possible to "surface over" or would I need to completely rel

Paving & Concreting

You can wash over existing pavers with 10% solution of water and hydrochloric acid, then wash off. The acid will provide for required bond key with new concrete.

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum