Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Brake and Parts Cleaner - Exposed Aggregate

Page 1 of 1
Hi friends,

I'm having a slight moment despair, and I'm not entirely sure if I've made permanent damage to my Exposed Aggregate driveway.

For over 12 months I've had a blotch of EOYL'S fluid that leaked onto my driveway, this is an additive for diesel cars, my car in turn had a leak for about 2 months.

I never got around to cleaning it, my mechanic suggested using Brake Cleaner to get this specific oil/fluid off the driveway.

I decided to spray some SCA Brake and Part's Cleaner on the spot, and it now looks faded compared to the rest of the driveway.

I haven't hosed down/cleaned my driveway for about 18 months, so I've only sprayed that particular spot with brake cleaner, perhaps the it's just the contrast of a really clean spot vs the rest of the exposed aggregate?

I'll have sometime on the weekend to gurney the driveway and give it a proper clean to see if it blends in, however some of pebbles do look a little faded where the brake cleaner was sprayed.

Can Brake and Part's cleaner damage an exposed aggregate driveway? I have heard of it used many times for such applications,.

Below are chemicals listed in the Brake & Parts cleaner used.

30-60% ALIPHATIC, LIGHT HYDROCARBON SOLVENT, 30-60% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, 1-10% PROPANE, 10-30% BUTANE, 1-10% ETHYL ACETATE

Thanks in advance, and any reassurance would be great.
I'd pressure wash the whole thing first before jumping to conclusions
strannik
I'd pressure wash the whole thing first before jumping to conclusions

Cheers, I'll give it a go this weekend!
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum