Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Removal of large concrete driveway and front entrance

Page 1 of 1
Would like views on removal of very large concrete driveway that has numerous cracks. The concrete also extends to the front door entrance and abuts two house walls. What I am worried about is damage to house and foundations on removal. Or am I being overly anxious.
drages2
Would like views on removal of very large concrete driveway that has numerous cracks. The concrete also extends to the front door entrance and abuts two house walls. What I am worried about is damage to house and foundations on removal. Or am I being overly anxious.

Hopefully you found out you were being overly anxious.
Driveways are one of the last parts to building a house. Only yesterday while we were finishing off the front wall. (Brickies assistant) I literally turned in time to seethe concrete company (they had just laid the drive way and we’re putting in the stairs to the front door. boss yell out (not quick enough) to alert his young offsider he was about to reverse into the bin (the huge industrial skip type)

When you got tradies that can be a bit heavy handed, clumsy, absent minded (or a bit of each lol) you want things like the driveway to go in after most of the tradies have finished and moved on lol
Related
19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum