Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Retaining wall and concrete path gap.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I built a house a year ago. Unfortunately due to the slope of the block we had large retaining walls placed on either side of the boundary of the block (above 1m in height).

When our concreter laid our side paths he advised against laying the path up to the wall as he was worried about cracking due to the movement in the retaining wall.

I now have approx a 100mm gap between my concrete paths and the retaining wall/fence, our neighbour has trees down the boundary of the fence and this gap is a perfect spot for falling leaves.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how best to fill the gap in order to prevent many of the leaves collecting on these spots. At the moment every 3 months I go through with a blower vac, but even with the leaves gone the gap is a bit of an eye sore.

Sew pics attached.

Just fill it with some form of stones or gravel. Something Blue Metal will let it continue to drain as well.
Related
2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum