Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Exposed Aggregate Driveway - Any recommendations?

Page 3 of 3
Don't worry about my question, it was answered in pavings and conrete discussion below.

I think I'll definitely investigate the exp agg, have to weigh up the look I'm after with my budget!
Cheers
Tom
Hi all,
Just posting my request to an old thread-

Can some of you please give me your contacts for Driveway?

I need to get mine done, but have no idea as to what to look for.
From what I read, I think exposed aggregate should be good.

Pls post any contacts you might have

Thanks a lot
Radhika
Building in Tarneit Gardens 13B
Planned LScape
priti
Archieein
Hi,

I rang Mentone PreMix and they gave me details of concretors in the suburb where we are building - Epping, Melbourne.

I rang one of them and he gave us a good quote for Exposed aggregte - $90 per sq mt. So we are getting our driveway done end of March. Will post pics once they are done.

hi Archieein
i"m also building my house in epping ... so by now your driveway must be done . are you satisfied with the concretor... if yes plz give me detail of that guy... also post the pics...

I wouldn't mind betting it's Ronnie from RPC, he's one of the preferred concretors from Mentone, he is around the $90/mark plus excavation costs

Has anyone used or heard of Ronnie from RPC? Are you happy with the work, he has been recommended by Mentone Premix but i was wondering if anyone has personally used him. Any photos would be even better.

Thanks!
Hi VJ, we're also building in the Western Suburbs. Can you please PM me the contacts?

Regards
Tabi
VJ, could you please PM me as well, many thanks.
THis is ours WET, the colour looks very different when dry (will post soon).
We are deciding whether to have it ground down. They apparently take the top of the stones and it removes the somethimes patchy look in a few little spots. We will also have it sealed after we decide whether we can afford to have it ground down.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/themax_photos/driveway002.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/themax_photos/driveway001.jpg

We are in Sydney's South and very happy with the guy that did ours.
Hi All,

I am building in the Western Suburbs and require someone's details for my driveway. I like exposed agg and have a 50sqm area. Any recommendations of how much it would cost including excavation?
Thank you.
Can anyone PM me with the details of some good recommendations? I am building western suburbs, Melbourne.
Also wondering, can you get the quotes arranged before handover, so that things can be done soon after?
Hello Everyone,

I did my driveway a couple of weeks ago. I am so happy with the results. Well I took the following pictures with my phone so the quality is not the best. I am from Derrimut in Vic. I had a few quotes before selecting my concreter (referred to me by another experienced member here) and his price was really competitive since I did not want to sacrifice cost. If you are interested to get his details send me a pm.

Driveway before:

Site Preparation:

Driveway After:

Burrindi Mix:

I wish I had a better camera...lol
Hi Gourou,

Can you please send me the details of the concretor that did your place please.

I have left messages already for 2 preferred guys via Mentone Premix but haven't heard back from them as yet.

Cheers,

TBM1
Hi guys building in Caroline Springs, If anyone has a contact who did a great job on their driveway could you please PM the details.

Thanks
themax
We are deciding whether to have it ground down. They apparently take the top of the stones and it removes the somethimes patchy look in a few little spots. We will also have it sealed after we decide whether we can afford to have it ground down.

Driveway looks good. Can you send me details of the guy who did yours.

Anyone elese with recomendations for Western Sydney?

thanks
David
themax

That is one funky driveway. Do you know what colour that is in the mix?
Salt&Pepper
VJ
Quote:
VJ wrote:
We were pleased with our neighbour's driveway (and backyard, all in exposed aggregate) and are going for the same concretor.

We're in the western suburbs.

Do you have the contact ? We are also in the western suburbs.

Thank you

PM sent!

PM me too! Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Hi VJ, can you PM me too?
Thank you!
Oh ok, and thank you. I will get the info out for you. Apparently there does not sem to be as much aggregate showing as the other drvieways I have seen. I quite like the way it turned out though as all the colours have relevance to the house in some way.
Stay tuned.
Hi members,

I am building at Truganina VIC (western Melbourne suburb), can you please also send PM me some good concreter who is good in doing exposed aggregate.

I can see some people in western Melbourne had some good experiences and share the same with other people like me,

Thanks for that,

Regards
Vijay
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum