Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Wall switch - ceiling fan speed and timer

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a ceiling mounted fan and currently there is just a wall switch with a rotary dial (off and then three speeds). Is there a way to have a timer / speed switch rigged up so that I can get the fan to come on at a particular time of day? As someone who is a late riser and very late going to bed I find that for a lot of the time I do not need the fan through the night but would like it to come on around 7.00 am in the morning (at just the lowest speed).

The other thing is that I was always told when starting these fans that you first switch it to the fastest speed and let it get up some speed quickly then put the setting down to the desired one (which in my case is almost always just the lowest even in Summer).

If such a timer switch is available, would it be capable of starting the fan in this manner?

Thanks
Hey!

What is the brand of your ceiling fan?

I might have a solution for you, some pictures of your fan and speed controller would be helpful as well.

Ethan

Mr. Sausage
Hi,

I have a ceiling mounted fan and currently there is just a wall switch with a rotary dial (off and then three speeds). Is there a way to have a timer / speed switch rigged up so that I can get the fan to come on at a particular time of day? As someone who is a late riser and very late going to bed I find that for a lot of the time I do not need the fan through the night but would like it to come on around 7.00 am in the morning (at just the lowest speed).

The other thing is that I was always told when starting these fans that you first switch it to the fastest speed and let it get up some speed quickly then put the setting down to the desired one (which in my case is almost always just the lowest even in Summer).

If such a timer switch is available, would it be capable of starting the fan in this manner?

Thanks
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

16/05/2024
Screed First Timer

General Discussion

Keen for an update. How did you get on with your 2nd balcony?

23/05/2024
two way and three-way switch locations

Building A New House

hallway light switches outside each bedroom. Life saver.

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum