Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Closing out Air Vents

Page 1 of 1
I have air vents on plasterboard walls in my weatherboard house, built 50 years ago. I am looking to close them to stop air leaks. I live in Ballarat so it can get really cold in winters.

Will I have any repercussions if I close them out? The walls are not insulated. And I have read that by closing the vents can lead to the growth of mould etc

Thanks,

Ranj.
No so ventilation should be around the house not through vents as it was belived before. No buidling code restrictions of any kind unless you have a open fireplace in your house.
Yes but as you modifyyour environment you also have to think how i will affect you.
Nothis is for ever
Related
22/04/2024
Door not closing properly but I have a fixed hinge

Windows & Doors

My door tends to rub against the frame during winter and I'm looking to fix it so it closes smoothly. Looking online on Youtube I'm seeing methods to fix the alignment and…

25/03/2024
Metricon stylish aircon vents

Building A New House

retail its around double the price of a similar sized actron/dakin system from memory, They are excellent systems though. But with how builder gouge on AC/heating, you…

2/05/2024
Brick vents to cool the structure and release heat

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Shade the brick with large eves. Since going to minimum of 600mm eaves on my build, I've noticed much improved cooling off the house after hot summer days. Can see the…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum