Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Refridgeration Mechanic Help needed please.

Page 1 of 1
Hi There

Need the help of an a/c installer. I have an actron ducted system I think its a SRC153 14kw system it workks ok but turns on and off alot during really hot days to the point I think its damaging the compressor. Sometimes its 10 minutes on 10 minutes off and it cycles like this continually. I ussually have it set to 25 degrees so it switches on once inside temp reaches 26 degrees and then switches off when the temp hits 25.5 degrees for some reason one would think it would switch off at 25 degrees? Is this an installer fault.

The other notable interesting thing Is I installed 4 eave vents in my eaves one vent per side of my house, and today I installed a edmonds whirly bird in the back hand corner of my roof. Its a 27 square single story home with a high roof pitch colourbond roof light in colour. I have anticon sarking underneath the roof and bradford r3.5 insualtion on 2700mm high ceilings 2.0r in external walls its a single brick home. Now the interesting part is my other half was sitting watching tv tonight while the ducted a/c was not running and she complained of a coldish draught. I sat down and slightly noticed a small breeze. I then placed my hands under the a/c ducts in the ceiling and I could feel cool air being sucked up through teh ducts???? Is this normal I checked the whole house I have the living and family room vents activated last time I used the ac but the bedroom vents closed. In the bedrooms I noticed no such sucking of cool air up through the ducts.

I was wondering is this normal the only explanation I can come up with is my ducting in the ceiling has a hole somewhere and the whirlybird is now creating a vacuum and sucking air up the ducting and out the roof? Would I b right in thinking this or is their another explanation? Hoping to hear an opinion from a fridgey.

Thanks
6banga
Hi There

Need the help of an a/c installer. I have an actron ducted system I think its a SRC153 14kw system it workks ok but turns on and off alot during really hot days to the point I think its damaging the compressor. Sometimes its 10 minutes on 10 minutes off and it cycles like this continually. I ussually have it set to 25 degrees so it switches on once inside temp reaches 26 degrees and then switches off when the temp hits 25.5 degrees for some reason one would think it would switch off at 25 degrees? Is this an installer fault.

The other notable interesting thing Is I installed 4 eave vents in my eaves one vent per side of my house, and today I installed a edmonds whirly bird in the back hand corner of my roof. Its a 27 square single story home with a high roof pitch colourbond roof light in colour. I have anticon sarking underneath the roof and bradford r3.5 insualtion on 2700mm high ceilings 2.0r in external walls its a single brick home. Now the interesting part is my other half was sitting watching tv tonight while the ducted a/c was not running and she complained of a coldish draught. I sat down and slightly noticed a small breeze. I then placed my hands under the a/c ducts in the ceiling and I could feel cool air being sucked up through teh ducts???? Is this normal I checked the whole house I have the living and family room vents activated last time I used the ac but the bedroom vents closed. In the bedrooms I noticed no such sucking of cool air up through the ducts.

I was wondering is this normal the only explanation I can come up with is my ducting in the ceiling has a hole somewhere and the whirlybird is now creating a vacuum and sucking air up the ducting and out the roof? Would I b right in thinking this or is their another explanation? Hoping to hear an opinion from a fridgey.

Thanks
Sounds possible. If you have enough vents, it should be balanced. Have you checked the return to see if it's coming out of there. It has to be going somewhere. Maybe a trip into the roof space is warranted. Another thought, spray a small amount of perfume or similar into the vent and see if you can smell it in the roof space or elsewhere.

Related
20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum