Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Insulation Installation guidlines

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Does anyone have links to guidelines/instructions about installing ceiling insulation? I am particularly interested in what to do around light fittings.

Also, the roof cavity on my house extends over the front verandah. Do I need to pu insulation above the verandah ceiling or do I just need to go as far as the main house wall as this would effectively "seal off" the inside of the house?
Depends on what type of insulation you are using.

For glasswool type, I guess the most efficient installation would be via blow-in (e.g. check Jet Stream MAX by Knauf), but you would still need to install fire-rated recessed light covers over your light fittings/seal them.

Alternatively, think of the EPS/XPS panels where you would need to cut out space for the fittings.

The most straightforward way is to roll out a roof insulation blanket over the ceiling (to the other side of your ceiling joists).

The most efficient but also most expensive way is to use Kingspan Insulated Plasterboard for your ceilings.

I don't think there is any logical sense in insulating outside roof.
Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum