Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Daikin and Escea: Some Advice, and a plea for help

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We bought 2 Daikin ducted air conditioners, and an Escea DL1100 fireplace from a well known store in Melbourne. The air conditioning installation has been dragging on for 2.5 months now with excuse after excuse and has been a nightmare.

My advice: Stay away from ANY company that demands a 75% deposit up front. They have no incentive to complete the job, and will just delay and delay, not turn up when they say they will etc.
A lot of these shops subcontract out installation, but still should accept responsibility for the install.
In this particular case, the installer is the wife of the scheduler who works for the air conditioning/heating company.

My plea for help: There is no way in hell we will let this shop near our house again, so we now have an Escea DL1100 fireplace with nobody to install it.

Does anyone out there know a reputable installer of Escea gas fireplaces in Vcotria?

Our builder has already built the box, the electricity and gas is sitting ready to be connected. The job would be a doddle for someone with the right ticket.

Cheers + thanks,
Scott.
Ring escea to get a few names, or get a name from a retail business.

Related
3/05/2024
Reorganizing my bedroom, need some advice

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hi guys, I'm planning on reorganizing my bedroom completely so any kind of advice will be helpful since i have zero knowledge about interior design, matching colors,…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum