Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Ceiling fan extension rods

Page 1 of 1
hi...our ceilings are 3 metres and we are putting in Mercator Grange 1300mm fans which are 309mm from ceiling to bottom of fan. That leaves about 2.7m from the floor to blades so I'm wondering if I should use an extension rod? Any advice?
We have ceilings of a similar height and were advised to use a rod to have the fan sit 2.4-2.5m above the floor. Our electrician installed them at 2.4m, he said they looked a little too high at 2.5m. I think now they look a little low but I guess it's better for cooling than at the higher height.
I looked into this a bit too, found it difficult to find much info but what I did eventually find said around 2400mm. Our ceilings are 2700mm so this works out perfectly without an extension rod.
Generally extension rods come in 300mm(standard), 600mm, 900mm and 1200mm. In your case I would suggest the 600mm so your fans are at 2400 but they will still work fine at 2700.
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum