Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Plumbing question

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, another question from me, I want to import radiators and pet piping and all the fittings from the UK to install a hydronic system, are there any cert or standards that I need to have?
Surely not? I would think that it's pretty basic stuff. The boiler we have already in Australia, so it's just the extras.
Cheers
I'd imagine the radiators would have to comply as it would be regarded as a pressure vessel plus the fittings would have to meet minimum standards as well.

Stewie
Any idea where I can find out about what standard or certification is needed?.
Try asking a plumber you're chummy with if he'll tell you what you'd need to comply with otherwise try the Plumbing Body in your state.

You could also try contacting Standards Australia about the relevant standards, etc but they may require you to purchase the standard to look up yourself.

One other thing to take into consideration is that most plumbers are not likely to use any materials you supply yourself if it's not certified for use in Australia as they shoulder the responsibility of said materials you supply with regards to compliance when they lodge their paperwork.
Related
20/07/2023
Plumbing

General Discussion

dont forget engineering and BIM rofl

17/09/2023
Underground S Bend Plumbing

General Discussion

Why do you say its blocked?

13/11/2023
Plumbing variation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thats fine, but he still needs to provide an account of the wroks. otherwise you could judt demand whatever for whatever. Im ptetty sure his lawyer will not progress if…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum