Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Using roofing blanket between frame and brick veneer

Page 1 of 1
I've just had the colourbond roof put on, and there was a roll and several metres of roofing blanket left over, and was wondering if it could be used between the bricks and frame as an additional insulation for the house ?

I'm going to be putting normal batts in the walls on the northern side of the house, and thought since this roofing blanket was R1.3 it could be of additional benefit over the R2.0 batts that were going to go in the frame behind the gyprock.

Are there any issues using roofing blanket in the walls, as the blanket has foil on one side ?
I had the same dilemma. I has a lot of off cuts and partial rolls of roof blanket.
To dispose of them is expensive (tip fees) and putting them in landfill is bad for the environment so I disposed them by putting them between the studs on internal walls. This used them all up.
I did not use the roof blanket on external walls. I used breathable foil and wall insulation batts in the external walls as per my approved drawings.

If you do put the roof blanket in external walls the foil must be on the outside (not against the plasterboard). This has something to do with condensation.
Now that's an option, using it for some of the internal walls between the studs.
How about insulation in ceiling above garage? Some builders don't insulate this area at all

Thanks hitman, was already planning on doing that ceiling with R3.0 batts, rather than the R4 I was going to do the rest of the house ceilings with.
Quote:
Now that's an option, using it for some of the internal walls between the studs.

Also it didn't take me any time at all as I delegated the task to my wife.
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

27/06/2023
Hole on brick veneer wall

General Discussion

can’t tell from the photo, a tie down rod will be 12mm, is it a steel beam? he should be able to work it out

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum