Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Mitsubishi Electric vs. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries?

Page 1 of 1
Comparing the Mitsubishi Electric MSZGE71KIT and the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK71ZK-S and I can't seem to find a discernible difference between them, even with pricing ($1545 vs. $1610) it's quite close.

What's the reason to purchase one or the other?
The guys at Season Makers explained it to me and I recall one has more service issues that the other. They look identical, I would ask. I don't think the aircon guy minded explaining as we are pretty set on Actron. I just asked for a friend. Ring a company that only does Aircon maintenance.
FWIW.................

I don't know if it's true or not, But several times I've been told to buy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and not Mitsubishi Electric.

P_D
When we were looking for a new air con for our office at work we were told by an independent installer to go for the Mitsi heavy duty one. He said the other one had lots of issues and would not recommend it. He now will only install the heavy duty.

Hope this helps

Jo
Thanks Jo, But the question was "Which brand?"

Was it Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Mitsubishi Electric that was recommended to you ?

Cheers,

P_D
Sorry I thought I answered the question. It was the Mitsi Heavy duty. The only problem I have with it is you can't seem to get it to run "automatically" like climate control. Set it on a temp for summer and winter and it adjusts itself to the season but otherwise works really well.

When we were looking for a new air con for our office at work we were told by an independent installer to go for the Mitsi heavy duty one. He said the other one had lots of issues and would not recommend it. He now will only install the heavy duty.
joane
Sorry I thought I answered the question. It was the Mitsi Heavy duty......

Thanks joane,

I didn't realise that there was a third brand, I had previously been led to believe that the Mitsubishi conglomerate only produced two brands..........

1) Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

2) Mitsubishi Electric

I didn't realise that there was also a Mitsubishi Heavy Duty brand also.

Cheers,

P_D
Pepsi_Drinker

There isn't... And they are both separate entities not owned by the same holding company.

MHI parts are silly expensive if anything ever goes wrong outside warranty.
ME are a good brand too and generally cheaper.
Pepsi_Drinker
joane
Sorry I thought I answered the question. It was the Mitsi Heavy duty......

Thanks joane,

I didn't realise that there was a third brand, I had previously been led to believe that the Mitsubishi conglomerate only produced two brands..........

1) Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

2) Mitsubishi Electric

Cheers,

P_D

"MITSI HEAVY DUTY" sounds like a new "brand" that is playing creative marketing games with better known brand names (i.e. Mitsubishi)
Related
28/11/2023
Heavy windows with bent reveals

Windows & Doors

What size are the windows, double or single glazed, can I have a pic of the full windows inside & out? If you can see packers please take a pic.

25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum