Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Ceiling fan dilemma

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my question, but here goes:

Our builder has allowed for ceiling fans in the bedrooms, which we get to choose, but the only ones I seem to like the appearance of are the rattan type that are frequently classed as tropical style, ie Lucci Fijian and Tahitian from Beacon or the Martec Hamilton.

However Choice gave the Fijian a poor rating for air movement, stating that it is little more than a ceiling decoration, and I'm wondering if they are all the same, or if anyone knows of an island/resort style ceiling fan that is also efficient. We will have ducted cooling, so they dont have to blow a gale, in fact I would probably delete them and get a credit, but my partner wont budge.

All comments welcome.
NN
I think the metal blades move more air than the rattan blades... however.

I would think that if you went to a Beacon lighting or similar they should be able to turn some on for you! But maybe I'm asking to much!

I have not installed a rattan fan in recent memory, however the Airflow metal blade fans have been good so far!

They are made by Clipsal, so you can put the light and fan etc on one wall plate, I personally don't like a plate for the fan and a plate for the light, but that's me! They also have a 3 year warranty!

http://www.clipsal.com/trade/__data/page/81/A19.pdf
nicenurse
However Choice gave the Fijian a poor rating for air movement, stating that it is little more than a ceiling decoration

Hi nicenurse

We went to Beacon and they gave us the same advice - that the Tahitian look fans are mainly decorative

Cheers
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum