Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Does evaporative aircon improve house value?

Page 1 of 1
We got a few quotes for evaporative aircon for 5 outlets; $3890 for Breezair and $3340 for Coolbreeze.

Just not sure if it makes sense to spend this money as we are planning to sell in the near future (depending on the house market) or rent the place out. Do you think an aircon would improve house value or make it easier to find a good tenant? Also, would you choose Breezair or
Coolbreeze
I know Breezair is the top of the range. Thanks
if the alternative is no air con, then I think it would definitely improve the value of the house. if the alternative was one split system aircon, I don;t think it would make much of a difference. I prefer a split system unit myself so I would put higher value on a house with that than evap, but that's just a personal choice!
donuts
if the alternative is no air con, then I think it would definitely improve the value of the house. if the alternative was one split system aircon, I don;t think it would make much of a difference. I prefer a split system unit myself so I would put higher value on a house with that than evap, but that's just a personal choice!

Currently there is only one approx 30 years old and very noisy Reverse Cycle in the wall of the living room. Nothing in the bedrooms, kitchen etc. If, we are definitely going for evaporative, which works quite well in WA climate.
donuts

Your last sentence highlights the problem with questions like this. A house is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Some will place a higher value on things like aircon, some won't, as you said it's all very much a personal chouice. So really it is impossible to say if aircon of any sort will increase value.
You make a good point AJW, however I do think that ppl will in general pay more for a house with some sort of air con, rather than none. Whether it's evaporate or SS is more a personal choice, I agree
I think you should definately put the Evap in. I have always had evaporative cooling, we had it in the last house we sold and it is a big selling point and I believe it does add value. We are renting at the moment until our house is built. The rental a brand new home, has one split system and I swear we have a fan on in every room, it is boiling. The split system I must admit is very small, my Son installs Air and Heating and most people go for the evap, it is cheap to run and works great, unless it is very humid. It is not that expensive, and it will add more than it's worth to the price of your home.
Related
4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

25/03/2024
Metricon stylish aircon vents

Building A New House

retail its around double the price of a similar sized actron/dakin system from memory, They are excellent systems though. But with how builder gouge on AC/heating, you…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum