Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Insulation question new build

Page 1 of 1
Could of questions about insulation:

1 ) I have R6 ceiling insulation batts all over, and R2.5 to the external walls EXCEPT my garage external walls

They are R2.0, will that make a difference even if it is a garage?

2) The corner space between two walls towards the brick side does not have any insulation, will that be a problem?
Unless you insulate your garage door that is where the heat is.

Our triple garage is under the main roof with R6.0 batts there too and it gets hot. Your doors "attract" that heat and it goes in there.

I have installed some small windows in the garage plus an automatic extraction fan which draws the heat out and it works a treat. Dropped temp by almist 10 deg the other day when it was 40 outside.

michaelyoni64
Unless you insulate your garage door that is where the heat is.

Our triple garage is under the main roof with R6.0 batts there too and it gets hot. Your doors "attract" that heat and it goes in there.

I have installed some small windows in the garage plus an automatic extraction fan which draws the heat out and it works a treat. Dropped temp by almist 10 deg the other day when it was 40 outside.

Noted
Related
16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum