Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Ceiling and Home Insulation

Page 1 of 1
We moved in to our new house and realised during the start of the summer months that our Family Room A/C struggled. After some curious investigations, I happen to touch the ceiling which felt unusually hot/warm. The specifications indicated installation of R2-4 Batts insulation in the walls and ceiling. I noted the outside temperature the other day was 34deg and it was like 30deg inside our Family room despite the A/C dial on 18deg with one electric fan circulating the air.

I was wondering how much heat should be transmitted through the ceiling if the insulation have been installed - should I measure the ceiling temperature? Where and from whom should I get help to assess if this job is done properly by the builder or not? What reference should I provide to make claims to the builder or QBCC? As much as possible, I am avoiding filing a dispute to QBCC with my builder.

Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Ceiling insulation can be easily checked - just get into your under roof space through the manhole.

Other usual suspects - windows and leakages around window and door frames.
There's no manhole in that part of the house but there are downlights which perhaps we could use with a phone. Cheers
Thermal camera would help
Related
21/01/2024
Ceiling insulation batts distance

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Found the answer. The recommended distance is ....

8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

29/07/2023
ceiling dampness: determining source and fix

General Discussion

What heating/cooling are you using.

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum