Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Thermal break on aluminium windows on a all steel house

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know how I could tell my builder to put thermal break on my aluminium doors and windows in my all steel construction house, once again he does not know how to do it.

Thanks for any advice
Nik007
Thanks for any advice

I presume in the first instance the windows you ordered have a thermal break, so you just want him to put a thermal break between the window frames and their attachment to the steel house frame?
Yes, So the steel doesn’t heat up the windows and emit it into the house
Nik007
…he does not know how to do it.

So you are suggesting this is a skill deficiency rather than a reluctance? Perhaps the windows supplier could provide information, or perhaps you could have someone else undertake the window installation. Also, you could find some websites or YouTube videos that show how it is done and share them with him. In the end, it is your house and you should be getting what you want.
Timber reveals.
Related
16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

10/05/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

Whatever you do avoid Wideline and Stegbar.

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum