Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Heating cooling suggestions..

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Need advise on heating and cooling options for our home we are currently renovating. We'll have new R6 insulation in roof and R2 in the walls. We are based in Melbourne, so have the usual chilly winter and few days of high temperatures in summer.

Attach is the floor plan.. but in essence its an old house - 5 bedroom, single storey house, 1 living room, kitchen/meals, laundry and 2 bathrooms. The rooms are spacious, but close together and total house area is around 143 sq.m.
Also the 2 rooms at the back of the house (Bed 4/5) is an extension, and have a flat roof, and we my end up spending lot of time there still due to working form home.
What options work well for:
- Heating and cooling with economical installation and ongoing costs. I want to avoid evap cooling as I cant keep doors, windows open.
- Ease of zoning

Also is R2 insulation enough for the walls ?

Related
10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum