Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Actron Air-Thoughts/Reviews from People who already have it

Page 3 of 3
Thanks Jj1, I've seen those brochures, but they don't seem to be a complete product list. I can't find your one - SRD160c.

Thanks delatite13 for the reply.
Seems to be a new brochure, our model , I think, has been replaced with the SRD173c
Hi Anyone could help me to work out Brivis HX 23IXA heating unit and adds on Actron SRA190c. Heating working well with zones function. Cooling can only work living area only. can't choose zones. Thanks in advance.
We have a 26sqm house and are getting an actron sra153c installed... I cant find specs on this unit on the actron website... Will this be large enough to adequately cool the house? Any help would be great!
The tech details are on page 12 of the "ducted Air" systems (incase you haven't found it yet) which might give some of the info you need.

We have a 24 sq house (5 beds/eating-living-kitchen/3 bath/2 Sitting rms) 2 storey. Have a srd160c esp system (I think is now replaced with a slightly bigger model). Our system has 4 zones, 10 outlets.

Must confess have only run it a few times as in all honesty, don't need it on so far.
Our downstairs is 90% tiled which seems to keep the house cool although the difference is noticeable upstairs without the a/c on.

When we do turn it on, on a day like today eg. 28-30c outside (temp set at 22.5 on the a/c) must confess it is very pleasant, and seems to work well right through the house.

Hope this bit of info helps. Are we glad we installed it - yes, are we happy with actron so far (5 mths) - yes
Hi

First time poster as we embark (possibly) on building a home!

We are looking to build and as part of the builder's quote, the standard package already includes ducted heating throughout the house (about 38 squares single storey excluding garage).

We have asked for an add-on air conditioning unit as an extra and the builder has proposed an Actron 23KW add on unit with 3 zones for $22,600.

Is it just me, or does that seem rather excessive?

Any help (and suggestions as to normal pricing) will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
In a word. Yep. We have an Actron 23kw unit we use for both heating and cooling to 8 zones and we paid approx $21K. So i think the builder is having a bit of lend of you. How much rebate was he giving for the ducted heating?

Only 3 zones? Actron come standard with 4 zones with another 4 able to added for a bit extra. Well worth it in the long run.

On these bloody hot 43 deg days we have been sitting in comfort at 23 deg. The air seems to be doing it easy as it shuts down for long periods as the temp in the house is stable. The biggest plus being that you only have to cool the rooms you use, not cooling unused rooms. If needed press a button an voila, their cooled. They are still the only unit that can do this. They also have just a fan able to be used as well. ie no compressor being run. Thats a great option at night just for a cool breeze.

Also given your place is slightly bigger than ours I believe they have a 26kw unit. The cost would be marginally extra but I believe well worth it in the long run. Better to be over than under powered.

Certainly don't regret getting this make.
Hi delatite

Thanks for all the info. Certainly some food for thought.

Please excuse my ignorance, but my understanding is that we will have a 35kw ducted gas heater which is included in the base price and the cost of the add on air conditioner (including installation) is $22600! There has been no deduction for the actron unit doing both heating and cooling...

I am guessing that you are running your heating on electricity as well then through the same unit? From memory, the builder mentioned that as gas is cheaper to run, better to have gas heating and electric ac. But I think there's something not quite right here.

Thanks again.
I have just had my Actron AC installed in my new build we had the SRD203C/SRV201E 19.3kw ESP+ with 8 Zones and 13 Outlets as well as 2 controllers installed in our 2 storey 38sq home and it only cost us just over $13k.
delatite13
From the Actron site, if you wish to have their variable fan technology and down to one room capability you need to select a unit from the ESP Plus range not just ESP. You get the exxtra goodies for the extra money!!

i don't think this is possible for their add on cooling range....i was getting a quote to add actron cooling to a braemar ducted gas heating and was told they even with multi zones that it doesn't ramp down; is this correct?
That's my understanding - the add on (SRD) isn't variable.
blackmagician
That's my understanding - the add on (SRD) isn't variable.

so how energy efficient does that make there system?
Johnny_Franklin
cheers
for the info ESB

Hello Johnny,

Seems like you have been using actron for a few years now.
Just wanted to ask your opinion.

Hope you are happy with it.

I'm building a new home with McDonald Jones, and actron comes as standard. So far all reviews are good, just want to confirm if still good after a few years.

Thanks
Ajay

ajay, just saw your post (its only 2 months !!) and thought would drop in a response. Its been 4 years for us now and very happy with our system. Don't use it all that much (peak winter/peak summer).

Will say that I wouldn't like to see an electric bill without the benefit of solar power as some of the days we have had it running full time the $ seems to be fairly high (to my thinking anyway).

cheers, John
jj1
ajay, just saw your post (its only 2 months !!) and thought would drop in a response. Its been 4 years for us now and very happy with our system. Don't use it all that much (peak winter/peak summer).

Will say that I wouldn't like to see an electric bill without the benefit of solar power as some of the days we have had it running full time the $ seems to be fairly high (to my thinking anyway).

cheers, John

Thanks jj1
ajayshekar
jj1

cheers, John

Thanks jj1

ajayshekar,

Have you made any decisions on the Actron unit yet?
Renman
ajayshekar
jj1

cheers, John

Thanks jj1

ajayshekar,

Have you made any decisions on the Actron unit yet?

Renman, just saw your post.
Yes, I have selected to upgrade to esp+ ultima. Haven't started the build yet. So can't say how the system is.

Related
8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

7/06/2024
Sienna Homes - Reviews?

Building A New House

I would think twice. I have signed up with Sienna to build a town house. My first question to them was, will there be a hold up on the build if all the town houses are…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum