Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Brivis Networker - no split temperature?

Page 2 of 3
Doh
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

So, that means out of all the people I have spoken too, that have all said that you can't have 2 different temps in two different zones, are statistcally most probably correct.

... and I haven't seen anybody that said said it's possible.

Well, I think I've come to the sad end.
My house could have really used a system like that.

Thanks for your help all.

HC
HC,

check wih the folks from Dynamic Heat and Cool , website http://www.dynamicheatcool.com.au. They have a thermostat called smart zone 2 which does exactly what you require - it just doesn't mention if its compatible with Brivis unit. They also have a forum to ask questions
Mark (from DHC) is an active member here.

Start a new thread perhaps asking that question in the title?
Yep. Will look into it.

Thanks for that.

HC
I maybe able to help you with your question bout 2 networkers you can have 2 networkers but when you set the temparture they both have to be on the same for example set it to 20 degs on both it will turn off the zone that reaches 20 degs first and keep running the other zone till it gets upto 20 deg but i can't have 1 at 20 and the other at 22 hope that helps you.
By the way brivis are falling behind in the heating market you should check out the braemar heater you can have upto 4 controllers with 4 zones and have the temparture at each controller at different temps eg. 1 @ 20 2nd @ 18 3rd @ 22 and 4th at 16 if you like.
Cool.

Most people I speak to consider Brivis to be the leader - which kinda doesn't mean anything...

I will look at Braemar and see what they have to offer.

Thanks for your input.

HC
Heatcrime- 'found' some notes on heater installation and the one temp for all zones seems to be the go- cant find anything to suggest otherwise.

From the limited notes I have it refers to the 'Advanced Networker Programming Manual' for the programming of zones and settings and it comes withe the 506 module or 'available on request from Brivis'

So I have to jump the fence and say the one temp across all zones is definately the go with brivis only parts.

Aftermarket parts may provide a solution but would have to speak to someone in the know for that info!

Cheers
Hi all,

Having a similar issue with my system. I have 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs, with 1 master and 1 slave networker in each zone.
I cannot get the system to control the temp from the slave controller. I can set it to the temp I want, but the actual temp reading will only be done from the master.
This means that if I set it to 22, and open zone B only (where the slave is), the system will never switch off as it's reading the temp from zone A (master).
Similarly if I open both zones and zone A reaches temp then the system switches off even if zone b is 10 deg cooler.
It will not control zone dampers automatically, and it will not read the actual temp from zone B.
This goes against what I was told before the install, and also goes against Brivis' own documents.
(See page 9 of http://www.brivis.com.au/upload/data/Br ... ochure.pdf)

I am currently in "discussions" with the installer about this.

Madjikthise.

PS: Sorry to bump an old thread, only just saw the date!
Madjikthise
Hi all,

Having a similar issue with my system. I have 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs, with 1 master and 1 slave networker in each zone.
I cannot get the system to control the temp from the slave controller. I can set it to the temp I want, but the actual temp reading will only be done from the master.
This means that if I set it to 22, and open zone B only (where the slave is), the system will never switch off as it's reading the temp from zone A (master).
Similarly if I open both zones and zone A reaches temp then the system switches off even if zone b is 10 deg cooler.
It will not control zone dampers automatically, and it will not read the actual temp from zone B.
This goes against what I was told before the install, and also goes against Brivis' own documents.

Madjikthise.

This is exactly what happened to me a few years back, there is a setting in the master controller the is set to '1' when it should be set to '2' - or maybe 0 insted of 1 - sorry I can't be more specfic as we sold the house and the instuctions etc are now with the new owner. It drove me mad though - even replaced the slave controller thinking that was the issue. Everyone missed it, the installer and brivis themselves over the phone).

If you can get a hold of the programming instructions you can go through it and compare to what yours is set to and hopefully find the setting thats not right. My advice is to write down your existing settings so you can always go back to them, the install guide is rather crptic. Good luck with it, hope you get it sorted

Mike
mikemix
Madjikthise
Hi all,

Madjikthise.

This is exactly what happened to me a few years back, there is a setting in the master controller the is set to '1' when it should be set to '2' - or maybe 0 insted of 1 - sorry I can't be more specfic as we sold the house and the instuctions etc are now with the new owner. It drove me mad though - even replaced the slave controller thinking that was the issue. Everyone missed it, the installer and brivis themselves over the phone).

If you can get a hold of the programming instructions you can go through it and compare to what yours is set to and hopefully find the setting thats not right. My advice is to write down your existing settings so you can always go back to them, the install guide is rather crptic. Good luck with it, hope you get it sorted

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I managed to get a copy of the install guide, I'll go through it line by line and see what I can find.
Just heard from the installer that the electrician billed them for his last attempt at fixing it, when he didn't actually do anything!

Madjikthise.
Well, it turns out there is a bit more to it than just setting one master and one slave networker.
Each zone must be told which networker it is associated with so that it reads the correct "Set" and "Actual" temperatures, otherwise it will read the "Set" temperatures individually, but it will only read the "Actual" temperature from the master.
So in my case having Zones A and B, 4 settings need to be programmed.
Heating Zone A linked to Master.
Heating Zone B linked to Slave.
Cooling Zone A linked to Master.
Cooling Zone B linked to Slave.

This now works as advertised and automatically switches Zones in and out based on the two different "Actual" temperatures in each zone.

Madjikthise.
I also have a brivis system with 2 zones and NO they cannot have separate temperatures.
You will need to go to a Actron Ultima/ESP system to get such control.
Quote:
Well, it turns out there is a bit more to it than just setting one master and one slave networker.
Each zone must be told which networker it is associated with so that it reads the correct "Set" and "Actual" temperatures, otherwise it will read the "Set" temperatures individually, but it will only read the "Actual" temperature from the master.

This now works as advertised and automatically switches Zones in and out based on the two different "Actual" temperatures in each zone.

I have the same issue, have searched and seems like I need Brivis Networker Advanced Programming Manual, or someone has hopefully done this and can provide details.

Have rung Brivis and they keep giving me the standard config to setup zones when lost as below.

N01 ID00:1
N01 ID01:0
N01 ID03:1
N01 ID04:1
N01 ID05:1
N01 ID06:1
N01 ID07:2
N01 ID08:1
N01 ID09:0
N01 ID15:0
N01 ID17:1
N01 ID20:1
N01 ID21:2

Actual temp is being read only from master for both zones, ignores actual temp on slave.
i have the book a will see if i can dig it up
B STAR
i have the book a will see if i can dig it up
thanks!
sorry this is taking longer than what i thought. There should be a file on my comp but i cant find it. I will keep looking i have the hard copy somewhere too.
giarc
Quote:

I have the same issue, have searched and seems like I need Brivis Networker Advanced Programming Manual, or someone has hopefully done this and can provide details.

Have rung Brivis and they keep giving me the standard config to setup zones when lost as below.

Actual temp is being read only from master for both zones, ignores actual temp on slave.

How do you program this, with the Networker or I need to go up to the ceiling to do that?

Last night I had the system running for the first time, (well not the first time on but the first time actually using it for cooling) and I noticed something funny.

I set the temp to 25 on Zone B which is for upstairs and closed Zone A before I go to sleep. At that time the room temp indicated on the networker was 24 upstairs and 25 downstairs. At around 2pm this morning, I heard the air gushing out from the ceiling vent and though that cant be right so I had a look the the networker, the Set Temp was still 25 and the room Temp was 24. Then I looked at the networker downstairs, guess what the Set temp was still 25 but the room temp was 26. It stopped when the room temp downstairs dropped to 25, so this confirms that the temp is being read only from the Master Networker.

Now remember I said it's funny? because I am pretty sure in heating mode it didn't behave that way. In winter I had the heater on 24 hrs a day at 19 for both zones, pretty sure when the room temp upstairs reached the set temp it closed off that zone and while downstairs was still going on. And on again if room temp upstairs dropped below set temp even room temp downstairs was at 20.

Something is not quite right I guess.
its not programed correctly u need to program the seperatly for heating and cooling from memory.
You need to press a seres of buttons to get into the installers mode on the networker.
I have had to use the following, however as my original issue this doesnt seem to take into account allocating a networker to particular zone for managing temp.

If the networker locks up

take device off wall
hold 1 + 3 buttons
while holding put device back on
wait for N000xxx to come up
stop holding buttons
set networker to n000xxx:1 (1 being for master, 2 being for slave)

turn on\off

If you lose zones

Press 5 (clock flashes)
Hold 2+4 (goes into parameter settings)
press mode button to get to n01 ID00:0
set the following using dial and pressing 1 to move to next setting

using 1 button go through to ID43 and then turn off then on
Dear Mr Brivis,

Just happen to catch this post I started back in 2008 about your product. Why are your customers still resorting to posting at building forums to work out how your product works? Why are the installers not trained sufficiently to install your product properly and just on the odd occasion that the installer is not up to the task, why don't you make all the documentation available for people who purchased your product?

Lets face it, you don't make things easy for people trying to use your product - I was one of them. Although my heating and cooling works fine now I do look back and reflect what it was like dealing with you and the installers and it was far from pleasant and smooth. In fact, it sucked.

So, high points for your product (knock on wood mine hasn't busted yet) but minus several hundred for your company's ethos. You are a long way from the standard of your shiny brochures.

HC
Related
10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum