Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

DAIKIN or LG

Page 2 of 2
We had a daikin but I think it's much of a muchness. Daikin were perceived to be of slightly better quality but over the last couple of years it appears people are leaning toward the LGs again. I do remember hearing a reason why but I cannot remember it right at the moment.

As far as I'm aware they both have the same functions and work the same. We were happy enough with our daikin though. We got the big system and it costs just slightly less than yours around 5 years ago- we paid 25k all up but had an in wall split system put in as well.

For roughly the same cost we're changing to something that is temperature controlled room by room. It used to drive me nuts that one side of our house would be hot whilst the other freezing because there was only 1 thermometer. And for only $500 more we're getting a system that can run from 10-100% capacity, rather than 100% ALL the time no matter how many or few zones we're running.
MrsGreen
We had a daikin but I think it's much of a muchness. Daikin were perceived to be of slightly better quality but over the last couple of years it appears people are leaning toward the LGs again. I do remember hearing a reason why but I cannot remember it right at the moment.

As far as I'm aware they both have the same functions and work the same. We were happy enough with our daikin though. We got the big system and it costs just slightly less than yours around 5 years ago- we paid 25k all up but had an in wall split system put in as well.

For roughly the same cost we're changing to something that is temperature controlled room by room. It used to drive me nuts that one side of our house would be hot whilst the other freezing because there was only 1 thermometer. And for only $500 more we're getting a system that can run from 10-100% capacity, rather than 100% ALL the time no matter how many or few zones we're running.

LG's are significantly down the food chain as far as AC systems are concerned...

Sounds like you're getting an ActronAir system. Very good but remember that you can only vary the temperature by 2 degrees either side of the Master... Daikin inverter systems will run 30% - 100%+ and soon will have variable fans like the ActronAir ESP Plus and ESP Ultima systems.
Sydney_Mun
I am quite surprised a some of the prices you all have been quoted. We built our house less than 2yrs ago and are truly kicking ourselves for not installing ducting then, we have the provisions from the builder so we are now finally getting the ducting complete. I am in Sydney and we are getting a Daikin Ducted System installed next week, we have chosen FDYQ160 (15kw) on a single phase (as we were quoted min $1500 for the electrician to upgrade to 3 phase), total cost $8,500. We have a 25sq double story home so this size is sufficient.

You have to keep in mind that we get screwed on e v e r y t h i n g in Perth. The system you have described for $8500 would likely cost $15,000 here.
We have a daikin and it's perfect. One question, in heat mode it turns off when it hits the set temp, while in cool mode the fan stays on when it hits the set temp unless you turn it off. Anyone know why?
The fans stays on but it probably isn't cooling, just running the fan to circulate air?
Simple factor guys regardless of house size = The size of the air conditioner is ultimately determined by how much of your home you want to run at once...
thewool,
Often when on heating, the unit, if allowed to run will end up blowing cold air, hence the fan stopping during heating - there are various settings you can change in heating mode (if you get "behind" the screen)
To sveta;

Who did you go with? Are you happy and would you recommend them?
Hi Albert,

We went with Ford and Doonan, Kardinya. Cost us 17250 but well worth it. We set the temperature at 26 ,and even then its really cold. As we have 2+2 controls; ie the normal Daikin control, one on the upper level and one on the lower level of the house plus a Zonemaster fixed on both levels. We have programmed it in such a way that it switches off automatically around 4 am in the morning . Very happy with it. Their service was excellent. Yes I would definitely recommend them.
Related
You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum