Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Splash Backs

Page 1 of 1
Liking this idea, they contacted me a while back.

http://www.visualresource.com.au/vr-blo ... -art-glass
Not against the idea but choosing the art would be even more personal choice than picking a flat colour. I couldn't live with that example.
Same here but at the recent Sydney Home Show we saw a couple of splashbacks in kitchen displays that were very nice - just a couple of swirls of colour against a light background. Quite a bit more subdued than the example above but no less effective. In a trendy upmarket kitchen it would look superb ( no use to me cos' I'm a boring old fart who thinks every colour should be beige)!

Stewie
I quite like the city scene example, others look a bit busy or have a nightclub feel. I agree with D@n - it's like very-difficult-to remove art. I've gone off some of my own art over the years, I rarely like art that others have chosen.
I wonder how much money they cost to buy, but they do look very nice

Would be great if you could have your own picture put on the splash backs!
Quote:
Would be great if you could have your own picture put on the splash backs!

You can but you just have to find the right glass company that does it. I've seen a few pop up ads over the years for this and one of the homeshows we went to last year had a stand with a company advertising this.

Stewie
Glass Splashbacks with this kind of Art or Pictures is something unique and very personal. You wouldn't do it to your place unless you are settled in staying there. The photo quality needs to be high resolution and most cameras are just not good enough unless you intend to keep the images small. Most jobs like this we use professional photographers and graphic designers who have the equipment to capture or design high resolution images. Generally speaking they go for about 900 sq/m.
I was the first one on the forum to do a printed splash back and 5yrs on I still love it as much as the day I had it made. I had a high resolution photo printed out firstly to the measurement to make sure the pixelation would be fine then had my splash back supplier and graphic designer complete the job.
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum