Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Laminex Metaline splashbacks

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone put a Laminex Metaline splashback in their kitchen? I am interested in getting one, if budget and it is an option from my builder.

Can you use it behind the cooker? What is the cost?

Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks.
We used some on a bright red splashback and it looked awesome, but It was not near a cooker. Ask laminex industries.
I went into a Laminex show room the other day and was told that Metaline can actually be put closer to heat sources than other slashbacks. Its got some awesome heat resisting properties and is rated to 29 something or other for fire resistance. Sorry, I can't remember the technical stuff, but she was very clear on it being able to be used closer to a gas burner than tile or glass could be.
Their marketing material does state its safe for use behind a cooktop...

Although it does appear to be close to the price of glass. I'd be curious as to how much
My builder used to use it, but it is the same price as a glass splashback. They say glass is a much higher quality and they no longer offer this product.
1sttimebuilding2012
My builder used to use it, but it is the same price as a glass splashback. They say glass is a much higher quality and they no longer offer this product.

My searching found a price of $450m^2, which is more expensive than glass. But that was second hand information so it could have been wrong
You must remember at the end of the day it is a painted finish on the Metaline. Another point to consider is that Laminex offer no real solution for the treatment of any seen edges. Glass represents better value for money.
cabinetmate
You must remember at the end of the day it is a painted finish on the Metaline. Another point to consider is that Laminex offer no real solution for the treatment of any seen edges. Glass represents better value for money.

Sure, but I'm paying less for a glass splashback with metallic paint than the rough quote I've seen for metaline.
Unless the quote was wrong
Is the world going crazy?................when I saw this product I thought what are the advantages over Glass? I'm still trying to think of one. Its a painted finish, big deal.
I too was hoping it would be cheaper than a glass splashback. Unfortunately my kitchen quote is already $4000 over budget so for me I think it's back to tiles
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum