Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Internal Glass Sliding Doors

Page 4 of 4
Hi Thirsty,
the wall opposite is concrete masonry blocks... they run from outside thru to the end of the hallway and go full height thru to upstairs - they have really good thermal properties, so between them and the concrete on the floor and cross ventilation the house remains cool, even though its close to 30 degrees outside, which is great for our power bill as we haven't had to use any form of air conditioning - so far!! Hope it stays this way thru the next couple of months!!
Moogles, Can I just say that you have exquisite taste. If I had the $$ I would come to you to design my home. Ive seen a few pics of it here and there and there is nothing I dont like about it. Sorry for being OT guys. BTW Moogles, I stole a couple of ideas from you for our ensuite
Hope you dont mind
thirsty
Moogles, Can I just say that you have exquisite taste. If I had the $$ I would come to you to design my home. Ive seen a few pics of it here and there and there is nothing I dont like about it. Sorry for being OT guys. BTW Moogles, I stole a couple of ideas from you for our ensuite
Hope you dont mind

Oh gosh
that really is a lovely compliment - obviously not to everyones taste, but glad you like some of the elements!
Let me assure you though, its def not perfect, there are things I would love to change - "in hindsight" type of thing - it's our first build, and I would love to do it all again but not an ideal time to be selling...
Take any idea you like, thats what its here for, I have got some great ideas and insights thru reading this forum!!
wow very nice moogles
Ooooo I just saw these doors
I'm in love, totally stunning. We had plans for glass sliders on our ensuite but the company "XO" stopped making sliders and we went with Shoji screens....but I love yours more
I'm gonna do those next time though
beautiful!
Very elegant indeed.
We chose the traditional swing glass door as there was insufficient sliding space.

Have posted some comparison between swing doors vs sliding doors at the link:
http://hdbrenovation2009.blogspot.sg/20 ... indow.html
We have similiar hanging sliding doors but in timber.

Previous owners were too cheap to put cavity sliders in.

Hate them to pieces, always bumping into them.

Glass ones look marginally better, each to their own though!
Related
3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum